Keeper Predicament: Jay Ajayi or Michael Thomas

Thomas received 122 targets last year with Cooks in town. That was good for 21st in the NFL. Cooks leaves 117 targets on the table for who to pick up? Ted Ginn?! Even if Thomas’ target share only increases by 20% that would put him at 145 targets which would have been good for top 10 last year and as @Guinness pointed out, he was one of the most efficient receivers in the NFL last year. All things point to a great season in store for Thomas. The more I think about it, I might put him at WR6 this year right behind Evans/Green.

1 Like

He is a target of mine this year in the 2nd round. I just think he is a safe pick to raise my team’s base line. I’ll pair him with an RB1 and shoot for 2 or 3 high upside WRs for the difference makers.

1 Like

Ajayi, traded to the Eagles and in contract for at least another year. He will now have a solid offensive line to run behind but may lose goal line looks to Blount.

Too many options in New Orleans and too many good receivers overall to give up on Ajayi.

1 Like

i love looking back on debates like this. thomas is now clearly the better option in 2017. especially seeing someone so ADAMANT that there is no way MT gets over 100 catches, let alone 90. and so so SO sure that ajayi would be a bellcow because there isnt anyone legit behind him. drake had something to say about that. this is why listening to as many opinions as possible in fantasy football is important. because you can be so sure, and yet be so so so SO wrong. i would be interested to see what you ended up going with, and how well you liked your pick of either ajayi or MT.

1 Like

lol @BusterD, stats and trends don’t always tell the full story, but they can give you some probability.

Ajayi had a low one, MT had a high one. Got to take feelings outa the game and go with the numbers. That being said I was still a little disappointed with the TDs. Friggin’ Ingram and Kamara dominating. I will be really interested to see what happens to their running game next year.