Kickers are ruining FF

Anyone else sharing the pain that was Mahers -1 today?

1 Like

My big money league dropped the K roster spot 2 years ago. One of the best moves we’ve made… ties with the change to do FAAB instead of rolling list

3 Likes

Leagues should either have 2 kickers or no kickers. Single kicker leagues are stupid.

3 Likes

Honest question: why have 2 kickers?

It’s similar to why 2QB or SF leagues are way better than single QB. It increases demand and limits supply for a position and actually gives it value vs one kicker leagues where kickers are available a dime a dozen on the waiver every single week. It increases trade activity and adds draft strategy. And believe it or not , the reason why K sucks is not cause they are random, it’s arguably one of the more predictable positions. It’s because the position holds no value and is basically just another hole people have to plug on a weekly basis.

2 Likes

This is our 3rd year without kickers and it’s fantastic!

3 Likes

1st year for me with no kickers. Way better this year than previous 3.

1 Like

Makes sense, it would definitely be interesting to have a 2 K league, just to see how the approach would change. Thanks for explaining man!

OK…reckon I’m gonna be the thumb’s down poster here. I’ve got Fairbairn and he’s gotten me 46 pts these past three weeks, AND…I made it to the SB this week…partly because of him. Got 22 points off him this week and 21 week before last.

Can kinda understand y’alls gripes about kickers for the most part. BUT…just personally have to say…he may have saved my season.

BUT…been there with y’all a few years…so…reckon I can understand where everybody’s coming from here.

1 Like

Having your season saved by a kicker is nothing to be proud about. Just sayin… He’s just as likely to goose you in the SB than he is to put up another 20 points.

I think the wildcard (being kickers) makes everything more entertaining. There’s a Wild Card round in the playoffs, there’s always a wild card aspect to any player in your lineup - see Derrick Henry - and of course:

Mac: Guys, why aren’t the brakes working?
Charlie: Because I cut the brakes! Wildcard, b*tches! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWW!

2 Likes

Love that show

1 Like

Kickers are awful. I’ve removed them from one league and more of my leagues are going away. I only got 3 points and almost lost this week because of it since the opponent had 22 points from one. I’m so sick of lottery points being added from a worthless position.

1 Like

I’m Pro Kicker even though mine has cost me a few times because he’s on too good of an offense. If they score 4 tds then he gets 4 pts.

I see it as a hedge against defenses, who are also very volatile in their scoring week to week. Having two plays that could net you anywhere from negative/zero to 20-30 pts means that usually it about evens out most weeks.

It also allows for some upsets throughout the season. So if you are in a situation where you need an underdog to win for you to advance then there is still at least a ‘chance’ out there something could happen.

1 Like

TY @psychosem17. Very good point and very well put!!! LOL…my situation exactly!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

@El-Scorcho. I’ve also got Russell, Gurley, Dav Adams, Chubb and had A Jones. So… LOL…I prob shouldn’t have put it that way:

Just meant that in an extremely close game that whopper point advantage supplied by your kicker could enable you to just barely pull it off. AND hey…the way I see it, I don’t care who does it or how, but…if he’s on my team, and can help get me the win, bring it on buddy!!! LOL