League Changing Trade - Cook, Gibson, Deebo, Mike Williams, Sutton

So alright, i am in first place in one of my leagues as i have D-henry and really solid WR’s. I have Kupp, Jefferson, Samuel and Mike Williams and then Gibson as my RB2. But i have no other RB’s other than devonta freeman and devin singletary. So the shin injury scares me and feels like the one area where my season can go wrong. So i was offered Cook and Sutton for Gibson, Samuel and Williams. Should i take the trade and deplete my stud WR room for the upside of Cook but still with the injury risk?

1 Like

I’d smash the accept button. Samuel is meh and I think Williams is gonna regress to the mean for the rest of the season

2 Likes

I’m going to start to have to pay you for all the advice lol

2 Likes

Agreed smash accept if haven’t already. Cook is miles above Gibson in opportunities and situation. Sutton is solid and not worried about Jeudy taking away, only increasing opportunity. Deebo is great but you’re dead on with the MWilly regression already happening. 2/6 games bust. He’s had great games but capitalize on what you’ve already had for the known relaxation of COOK AND HENRY as your studs. You’ll wake up every Sunday morning in peace regardless of how many times Sutton busts.

1 Like

Now the guy is wanting me to throw in Kupp instead of Deebo. This seems like too much. Does not seem like Kupp is going to regress. He’s getting nearly a 35% target share with a huge aDOT. So it would be Gibson, Kupp and Williams for Cook and Sutton.

Ya I wouldn’t do that one. If it was because of last nights game you could argue that the weather caused all the offense to be hampered, and Deebo was still just as involved, there just isn’t much you can do with the weather the way it was.

2 Likes

It’s a NOPE. The trade was lucrative initially, asking for Kupp now completely negates the potential value of going ahead. I’d keep Gibson, Kupp, Williams over Cook/Sutton.

1 Like

I’m with both of these guys.

So i have been negotiating with this guy for like a week now and he would not get off Kupp. So now we have switched to Mixon, Fant and Conner for Samuel, Gibson and Hockenson. Again with the idea that i have Kupp, Deebo, Jefferson and Mike Williams and Pittman and then Gibson and Henry as my current RB’s but no solid back ups if Gibson gets hurt or they just stop using him because there season is going down the drain. I also have Perine as a back up for Mixon if i do the trade

I know they are not great and super practical since they do not take into account team construction, but all of the trade evaluators and trade value charts say not to do it. But it seems like i either have Deebo or Williams on my bench every week and again, i do not trust gibson. The rest of my roster is league winning.

Or do i just go with my team that has scored about 150 points more than anyone else in the league so far, but no real back up option if my RB position fails.

I think I keep your team. I’d rather have Gibson over Mixon personally and the rest of that isn’t much difference, if anything like the Samuel side more. This falls more into the category of “if it’s sideways, don’t bother”