‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

League ideas

League commissioner wants to spice up our normal standard league 12 man any ideas from the footclan

dynasty, contract/salary cap.

adding these, if you dont already have them leads to more transactions because there is more turnover of rosters. Leads to things like RFA, Franchise Tags, Holdouts, contract extensions, FA Auction draft, Rookie Only Draft with rounds 1-12, 1-12, 1-12, etc based on how you finish.

You can also spice it up via the schedule, by playing DH every week, giving bonus “wins” for top scorers, etc.

Allow Player Steals, IE the worst team gets to steal a player from the best team(with exception to the best player at each position) with a max of 4 players stolen away from a team.

You could change the starting lineups every week. IE week 1 Lineup is 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex
week 2 is 2 qb, 1, rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, week 3 is 1 qb, 3 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, week 4 is 2 rb, 4 wr, 1 te, 1 flex. etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas man I’ve always wanted to do something with a salary cap just don’t know how that works is it an auction?

yes you would use the auction as the startup draft and the winning bid will be the salary.

Our league didn’t change our scoring to spice it up. We implemented the “food rule.” The lowest overall score each week has to eat an embarrassing/gross meal, film it, and post on our league FB page. It’s hilarious.

That is hilarious but what if someone doesnt do it?

Good question. If someone decides not to eat, we take away all points from their next would-be win. So they have a choice of eating or taking a loss. We do limit the eating to one time a season. So once you eat one meal that season, no matter how bad your team is, you don’t have to keep eating and eating. And we keep it flexible. If the league decides to change the rule, or skip the rule entirely for one season, we do it.

1 Like

I’d change your scoring to half or full ppr, add several roster spots (extra wr+flex, or superflex), FAAB waivers.

Changing your league over to dynasty is a huge change. I’d start small and maybe consider making a new league if wanting to do dynasty