‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Looking to Fill 3 Spots (0.5 PPR Auction Keeper - $50 fee)

Hey everyone, I’ve been following the Fantasy Footballers for a couple years now, although I’ve never posted in these forums until now. I hope I’m doing this right…

Okay, so I’ve assumed commissioner duties - a first for me - in my league that is entering its 6th season, and we had some unexpected turnover this year which leaves us with 3 spots to fill. I know this community is full of reasonably well-informed and active players, so I’m hoping a few of you might want to join. I modeled this year’s league settings primarily around the “Ballers Preferred” format, with a few variations. Here’s the rundown of the basic parameters:

• Platform: Yahoo
  • Draft on Labor Day: Monday, September 3 @ 9:00pm ET
  • 12-team 0.5 PPR league, $50 entry per person
  • Auction draft (200), FAAB waivers (100)
  • 14 roster spots: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D/ST, 5 bench + 2 IR.
  • Regular season: weeks 1-13. Playoffs: weeks 14-16. 6 teams make playoffs, top 2 seeds receive first-round byes in week 14.
  • Payout structure: 1st place $300, 2nd place $175, 3rd place $50, most points (through week 16) $50, consolation bracket winner $25.

A few scoring quirks include: 0.5-point first downs (0.1 for passes), -0.5 points for sacked QBs, 0.5 points for defensive 3-and-outs, and 1 point for defensive 4th-down stops. I have the league set as publicly viewable if anyone interested would like to view the full settings before making their decision: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/39108. Please note that there are 4 empty spots displayed currently, however one of our members has simply yet to officially join since paying his dues last week.

Also, we intend to move forward as a keeper league, but this being our first year on Yahoo (we’ve always used NFL.com previously), that won’t have any effect until next draft. Of course, you can treat this like a typical redraft and bail after 1 year if the league ends up not appealing to you. Keeper settings will be: +$5 to keep the first year, and +$10 to keep every year thereafter. UDFAs can be kept for $10 and +$10 every year thereafter. 3 players per team, and 4 for 11th and 12th place to help with parity. No limits on years a player can be kept (ideally the price escalation should keep the talent pool fresh year-to-year).