‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Make this big Trade?

Have Aj Green and Hopkins as my wr in a keeper league, should i trade Aj and Kerry Johnson for Julio Jones? Or is the gap between Julio and Aj not wide enough to warrant throwing in Kerryon

Julio alone should not be enough to pry AJ and Kerryon away from you.

Either say ‘no’ or ask what the RB piece is. Since Julio is ranked higher than AJ in most systems, it’s incumbent on you to bring the higher ranked second piece to the trade, but not for nothing in return. Your potential trade partner’s gotta add a RB to that trade and while it doesn’t have to be as valuable as Kerryon, it should be somewhat close, not trash.

I’m high on all of those pieces involved in that trade. It’s close for me because I have JJ ranked as my WR4 but of all the guys, I think he has probably the best shot at dethroning AB and taking over as the WR1 this season. It’s pretty close for me because I also think AJ Green is incredibly undervalued right now. He had his worst season ever last year with the Bengals being absolutely horrible and he was still a top 10 receiver. I view that as his floor. He is in an offense with no competition for targets and I could easily see him finishing as a top 5 guy as well. I think it really depends on your depth at RB but I am leaning towards no on this trade. Kerryon has a good shot at taking over that backfield at some point this season so you’d be giving up a potential RB2 with RB1 upside down the stretch for upgrade.

Agree with saturn above that you should try and get back a lesser RB in the trade. Maybe someone like a Peyton Barber although he’s been showing pretty well in pre-season so I’m sure his stock has shot up so that might be tough. But something in that range.