‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Mariota or McCown?

Only real choices I have this week are Mariota and Mccown. What should I Do?

I’m in the same boat. I’m leaning Mariota because Thursday night games are always weird and I think Mariota coming off a bye is good, but following…

That’s what im thinking to. They also said his Hamstring injury is behind him now so his mobility will be back, which gives him a big boost for me. Also Thurs Night games seem to be terrible for FF

Exactly. Both defenses these guys are up against aren’t ideal, but think with what we both just said, I’m going to start Mariota. Let’s hope we’re not kicking ourselves after tonight :slight_smile:

Ugh okay, so I may be eating my words. I tweeted at another analyst (Pat Fitzmaurice) and asked who to start, he said he had McCown a few spots above Mariota, mentioning the Jets’ passing game is on a nice little run. McCown’s been pretty hot lately, and I also saw this article (https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-9-start-em-and-sit-em-aaron-jones-now-leader-of-the-pack-and-our-start-of-the-week/) which has me now starting McCown over Mariota:

“SLEEPER- Josh McCown (vs. BUF): It’s a tough matchup for McCown, but he’s scored at least 17 Fantasy points in four games in a row, including 22-plus points in three consecutive outings. And the Bills have allowed three quarterbacks in a row to pass for at least 313 yards. McCown is worth starting as a low-end No. 1 quarterback on Thursday night.”
“BUST- The Ravens can say their pass defense has been flawless in America because the only quarterback to score more than 13 Fantasy points against them was Blake Bortles in London in Week 3. For the season, Baltimore is allowing an average of just 10.3 Fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks, and Mariota has just one game this season with more than 18 Fantasy points, which was Week 3. He would get a boost if Walker and rookie receiver Corey Davis (hamstring) are able to play, but I’m skeptical of starting Mariota this week in one-quarterback leagues.”

thanks for the update bro.