‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

McKinnon vs Guice

In my keeper league the highest ranked rbs I have a choice of are Jerick McKinnon or Derrius Guice. Love both of them and think they could both be huge stars this year, who would you take and what are your cases against the other? Who would have the safer floor as their ceilings are similar as an Rb1

What’s the cost of keeping? What’s the scoring format? Restrictions etc?

Shoulda been more specific these two guys are available to be drafted** in my first available pick

Jesus. Slim pickings in your league. How many keepers do people get? What WRs are available?

In a vacuum though, I’ll take Guice and never look back.

4 keepers and I actually have the two of the first few picks of the league so I’m taking Aj or Davante Adams with the first and I’m left with McKinnon or guice at the second one. Started on Jerick but leaning more and more to Guice everyday

Guice by a lot

What makes you say guice by a lot? The footballers are higher on him and I love guice but what makes him much better

I agree. It goes back to the old argument of someone who has proven production and who hasn’t at the nfl level. McKinnon will get work without a doubt. Guice is a risk I’m willing to take but I choose McKinnon

Year’s of history of McKinnon not being good and Guice’s status as one of the best c
RB prospects in years, for starters.

McKinnon is the single most overrated player in fantasy football this year, and it isn’t close. He’s a bottom 3 starting RB in the league, and there’s probably 8ish teams who have 2 better running backs.

who are you keeping? it kinda feels like a floor vs. ceiling scenario, so the players you already have could weigh in heavily

Keeping
Cook
Hunt
Hopkins
Watson

I think Cook and Hunt give you that reliable every week score (barring injury) and Hopkins does as well obviously. I think you can reach for the higher ceiling with Guice

Higher ceiling = Guice

Higher floor = Guice

Gonna have to agree to disagree. McKinnon is going to get work this season, and will produce even if he doesn’t break the scoreboard. That guarantee just isn’t there for Guice, regardless of any disparity in talent.

Believe what you want, but he couldn’t beat out Latavius Murray last year (or Matt freaking Asiata, who isn’t on a roster, in previous years) and there is no legitimate competition in DC. Really, their ADPs should be flipped. This really isn’t that close.

I’ll say it again, for emphasis: McKinnon is the single most overrated player in fantasy football this year, and it isn’t close. He’s a bottom 3 starting RB in the league, and there’s probably 8ish teams who have 2 better running backs.

Is this statement supposed to suggest McKinnon has “Proven Production”? Cause that would be a joke. I guess he has proven below average production. McKinnon is basically a 26 year old prospect with garbage production in the NFL and Guice is a 20 year old product with no production in the NFL cause he’s a rookie. I’ll take the risk and “unknown” with guice over the known with McKinnon every day of the week. Guice has the job locked up and I’d say so does McKinnon for now but in terms of threat to them losing the role, I’d say Guice probably doesn’t have any. THompson will have his role but Fat Kelley / Perine aren’t going to see the field except to give guice a second to breathe.

In a full PPR format, maybe McKinnon closes the gap a bit but the gap but nowhere near close enough for me to even consider McKinnon over guice. Add the ADP gap between the two and it’s honestly not even close.

Really hope you went with McKinnon…

Yea, this blows. I stand by everything I said, but if you went with Guice, you’re definitely hurting. I have a ton of him.

Mckinnon :wink:

Good thing draft isn’t for a little while yet haha