‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Melvin Gordon for Devonta Freeman + Brandin Cooks. Who wins?

standard 12-team league

Got this offer today…

my team:
rb - gordon, lynch, crowell, wilkins, ekeler and morris
wr - julio jones, thielen, golden tate, ted ginn and sanders

his team:
rb - d. freeman, dalvin cook, rashaad penny, aaron jones
wr - ty hilton, b. cooks, enunwa, baldwin, hogan

Should i do it or counter offer for someone else?

I would never trade Melvin. Don’t even consider it. He is the definition of a bell cow back.

Its a no from me too, i prefer your team as it is, solid WRs and Freeman is a downgrade.

Yeah the only backs I would consider trading Melvin for at this point would be Saquon, Zeke, or Kamara. I don’t even know that I’d trade him for DJ. Cardinals QB situation scares the hell out of me now.

thanks guys, dont think i will accept the trade… the only reason i would consider trading him is his injury history.
Would you try to get someone from that team tho? I was thinking lynch + sanders or ted ginn for dalvin cook, or something like that

I wouldn’t worry a lot because you hold Ekeler so you are insured, sure he wont be the same but he has stand alone value IMO and will get you by if Gordon goes down (god i hope not as a fan and fellow owner - lets not jynx it anymore lol)

I would try and buy low on Cook though, dudes getting 20+ touches a week and all the passing down work - yes please. Try and sell the Murray touch vulture narrative? I traded Henry for him before week 1, pretty happy about it

That’s a strong no for me. You don’t benefit from that trade at all