Melvin vs Joe

12 team PPR. I’ve been offered my Joe Mixon and 1.05 for his Melvin Gordon and 1.07.

I’m generally not a fan of position for position trades, but just wondering about Gordon vs. Mixon going forward. AND the value of the 2 spot drop from 1.05 to 1.07.

I would not make that trade. The difference in value, for me, between Joe Mixon and Melvin Gordon is negligible. Def not worth a drop in draft pick from the 1.05 to the 1.07.

However in dynasty people tend to think either short term in order to win a championship or long term for a rebuild. I think that Gordon is the championship play and Mixon is better for a rebuild.

3 Likes

He came back with Gordon for my 1.05 & 1.06 (I have both). Turned that down.

Any thoughts on his Gordon & 1.07 for my 1.05 & 1.06?

I would not do that either (Gordon & 1.07 for your 1.05 & 1.06) unless you are a serious contender.

If you are shopping those picks I would be reaching higher. Try to trade those to the Mike Evans owner.

1 Like

I would politely disagree with @fun4willis and take that trade.
1.05 & 1.06 for Gordon and your 1.07, sounds like a great deal to me.
Gordon is a proven back, still on the young side, on a good offense, instead of a rookie yet to be named (that won’t be Barkley, Guice, Chubb or Michel) . I personally have a tier of rookies that goes from 1.05 to 1.08, so trading down one spot, wouldn’t be a big deal.
Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes