Miles Sanders? Really?

Incoming rant…

Does anyone else feel like the Sanders hype is out of control? Six months ago, it was a debate whether or not he’d even be a top 12 RB in 2020 and that was assuming the team wouldn’t resign Howard… In the past 2 days I’ve watched him start sneaking into the top 8 picks in a lot of mocks, consistently going in the first round… I’ve heard all the narrative building stats so don’t bother listing them. In that tiny sample size where he was being heavily utilized, he was the RB7 over that stretch… And that took the eagles being essentially down to 2 RBs and riding with practice squad WRs… I just don’t see this top 3 ceiling everyone is on about.

1 Like

I do completely agree with you that his ADP is beginning to get a little too high, however I think that his ceiling arguments is relatively sound. He was actually RB3 over the the last half of the season when Jordan Howard was out. I think that the crux of the celling argument is that that production was 1. not a fluke and 2. Jordan Howard is completely gone this year. I think that his great rookie year was more out of necessity than actual talent (while I think he’s talented if you actually look at his PFF grades they are incredibly low in the rushing category). Now he was a rookie, and rookies improve, but the thing is he’s allowed to improve and he has no significant competition in the backfield. So while he’s not as secure as any of the top 5-7 running backs, I think he definetly belongs in the top 12 because of his upside and extremely clear path to relevance

1 Like