‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Mixon needs surgery

Just a PSA everyone grab bernard

He MIGHT need arthroscopic surgery. He’s getting a second opinion before any decision is made. Concerning but hardly the raging barn fire your post suggests.

Just dropped Bernard wednesday, lol.

too bad he is on waivers. Gonna probably be number 1 add from waivers after week 2

There is a report that a knee scope means there is a decent chance he tore his meniscus, which would mean 7 weeks. I agree there is a chance it isn’t a big deal, but concerining is downplaying it. Bernard is worth a large FAAB bid. Unfortunately will have to wait till next week.

2nd opinion is confirmation. How many times have you seen a guy say he is getting a 2nd opinion and then not getting a surgery?

I’m an owner and if he’s out 7 weeks I’d look for an Aaron Jones instead I don’t think Gio offers enough to be honest

UPDATE: per adam schefter there was a small piece of his knee that dislodged (sounds worse than it is) they are estimating a 2 week return with surgery scheduled on saturday. I would advise caution. It is a knee injury although minor it could hamper him all season

Damn, that’s too bad. He’s my RB2 but I have depth to cover the loss for a while. I suppose the most optimistic scenario is he only misses 1 game (@CAR) which wasn’t a great looking matchup anyways. Hopefully he gets back in time for the Atlanta game in Week 3 but probably Week 4 when they host the Dolphins. Of course we’ve seen arthroscopic surgeries with complications before (subsequent swelling if they come back too soon) so I’m guessing he actually misses 2-4 games.

I knew the fantasy gods would punish me somehow for capitalizing on James Conner. The Lev Bell owner sent bad juju my way : /