My Inherited Dynasty Team

All, I’ve never done a dynasty league before and have inherited a team from a friend. To me, it seems solid but not great, a lot of guys who didn’t have good 2019 seasons but could potentially bounce back in 2020. I’m curious what your thoughts are on the current roster:

QB-Brady, Roethlisberger, Cousins, Cam Newton, Mason Rudolph
RB- Gurley, David Johnson, Kerryon Johnson, Jordan Howard, Alexander Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR- Julio, Will Fuller, Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Sammy Watkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Diontae Johnson, Mecole Hardman
TE- Kyle Rudolph, OJ Howard, Cameron Brate

Unfortunately my only picks in the rookie draft are 3.09, 4.02 and 4.09 so I can’t exactly trade picks for any roster improvements.

You definitely had a lot of good talent but I’m a little curious as the to the number of teams and what the actual starting roster is vs. full team.

Generally I think you have a shorter window on a lot of your heavy hitters (dynasty wise) but with some luck this year you could definitely be in the mix. Given the injury history though for a lot of your upper RBs and WRs you may need a good amount of luck though, so maybe a little into the season see if it might be time to try and sell some assets for some future picks.

1 Like

The league format is 12 teams PPR. The starting lineup is
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flx Flx

I agree with your general sentiment, I have a shorter window and it really comes down to Gurley and David Johnson this season. I don’t want to trade either right now since their value is so low from 2019.