‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Need 1! - New Challenge! 12 Teams, 12 Leagues

In an attempt to get myself as excited for fantasy football as I was when I first discovered it I’ve come up with a new challenge meant to test a player’s complete football knowledge and perhaps even mental endurance - the Fantasy Football Ironman Competition!

Here’s the basics:

• 12 people participate in 12 leagues.
    – 3 long-term leagues and 9 leagues randomly selected from a pool of league types (ex: Traditional, Superflex, DFS, BestBall, IDP, Vampire, etc.)

• Large roster formats are email drafts, while smaller rosters will be done as live drafts split over two non-consecutive days.

• Leagues are played across a variety of websites to accommodate necessary rules and minimize fees.

• Each league places players 1 - 12, whether through playoff brackets or standings, and players are awarded points for placement.
    – Like golf the lowest score is the overall winner (12 x 1st = 12 points) and highest score is last place (12 x 12th = 144 points)

• There is no buy-in (and therefore no prize pool); however I’m asking participants to contribute to the MFL fee and pay ahead for year 2 (in hopes of encouraging players to not abandon teams) - $10 total
    – If we don’t reach 12 people interested this will be fully refunded and I’ll take the hit for the unused MFL league.

We currently have 3 people so I need 9 more to get this rolling. If anyone is interested (and feel free to pass it onto friends!) let me know! Happy to answer questions here, email thefficcommish@gmail or Twitter @FFICCommish - to (hopefully) help ensure this isn’t a scam my personal Twitter is @DaveFiorella you can check it out, but would prefer questions related to the FFIC sent to the email/twitter listed so it’s easier for me to find :slight_smile:

8 spots available now

Last time I’ll bump this, but we were full and had someone bail so we’re back to needing just 1 more to fill this out!

guess I lied, we had one person miss the 6/1 deadline so we’re looking for one more again to fill this out