‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Need an unbiased opinion on D. Parker

So I’m a Saints fan, and I’m nervous about playing Devante Parker in the flex (standard) this weekend. Marshon Lattimore looks likely to play following a concussion which held him out last week. He’s a first round pick and in his first two games he was fantastic. Bradford didn’t target him at all in Wk 1 and Brady only managed 28 yds. Here’s what PFF had to say:

CB MARSHON LATTIMORE, 89.0 OVERALL GRADE
While the defense as a whole yielded 400-plus passing yards, Lattimore was only responsible for 28 of those. He had two of the Saints four pass breakups on the day and yielded only one catch for more than five yards.

So he’s maybe not a shut-down corner yet, but assuming he’s on Parker as the deep threat I could see him having a quiet day. That said, Cutler isn’t the most cautious QB and I know the Saints D has been historically awful in recent years … but still. My other options at flex are Martavis Bryant, Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles and Chris Thompson, so I’m admittedly short on better options.

Am I overthinking this? Parker almost laid an egg last week if not for that last second TD …

Thanks guys!

Julie

You aren’t overthinking anything, we all do it (especially when its our real life team against fantasy teams)!
Like you said, without garbage time, Parker would have given you a lot of nothing last week and this week is a long trip to London so there is concern. Jay Cutler is a bit reckless and last week with the game practically over, he hyper-targeted Parker, leading me to believe he will continue to keep getting him the ball.
I think in your situation, I would play him because, Frank Gore faces Seattle, Chris Thompson is more valuable in PPR and is going to KC, Martavis Bryant is a boom bust guy and so far he has boomed at home and busted while away (playing in Baltimore this week). Jamaal Charles, because it is standard scoring could be interesting, he looks really good but at the end of the day he’s the number 2 RB there.
I think you go with Parker and hope that he does just enough for both of your teams (real and fantasy) to pull out a win.

Thanks for the great response! I did go with Parker and he only got me 6 but a) nothing matters because my team pitched a shut-out and b) there’s still a lot of football to be played. Good to see the #girlpower here! :smile: