Need Engram Fill In Advice - Shocking TE Options

Glad he’s out and hopefully can get healthy with a long rest week but i need a fill in this week and the options are not for the faint hearted.

Full PPR and my choices are the below, any suggestions.

TJ Hockenson - if he plays, not sure how good he would be this week.
Noah Fant - Looks to be in a TE timeshare.
Geoff Swaim - Low floor option but might get a target boost is Chark is wiped out by Lattimore?
Eifert - Maybe a the best of a bad bunch?
Rhett Ellison - Not many options in the NYG passing game, likely throwing a lot could be good?
Sprinkle - If Davis misses he’ll be interesting and could score?
Hurst - Only if Andrews misses then hes the easy choice IMO.

Not great at all…any takes welcome!

1 Like

My team is pretty loaded but i’m playing against one of the two 5-0 teams, he has Zeke, Cook, Ingram, Wilson so i can’t take a chance and just take a zero at TE this week just in case.

1 Like

bumping up for takes

1 Like

Have you looked at Grandpa Jimmy G? I’m in the same boat. I have Engram and Hunter… So, I made some upgrade trades (gave up three to get two) and then filled the slot with Gramps just get me by until one of them is back up and running.

2 Likes

Hockensen was looking like a thing before he got hurt. Eifert couldn’t get going vs ARZ but they may make an extra effort to at least not get embarrassed
@LowFlight4 yeah I’d agree with that, but he didn’t mention Graham. Is that an option?

@LowFlight4 and @Gramercy_Riffs thanks for feedback! Would have taken Graham in a heartbeat if he was there but sadly not. Those are the best of a bad bunch.

Witten and Everett went to high waiver priorities than me and someone paid up for Dissley in a trade. Real limited otherwise. I’m thinking if Hock plays he might be worth a dart, he is getting endzone looks, you either want a TD or 4/5 rec for 40-60 yards from a streamer anyway right?

2 Likes

For some context my team is:
QB - Ryan
RBs - Kamara, DJ, Jones, Coleman, Monty, Singletary, waiver pending for Damien Williams
WRs - Allen, Amari Cooper, Godwin, OBJ, Anderson (dropping for Williams if waiver goes)
TE - Engram

Pulled off some pre season trades, had a solid draft and a couple of buy lows on DJ and OBJ last week

1 Like

That’s where I’d go. If Hock’s a full go (remember he’s Monday night) I’m all in. Otherwise I’d roll the dice on the Eifert Tower

1 Like

Yes that’s the other curveball, MNF for Hock so unless he’s full go confirmed i’ll likely have to pull the trigger on Eifert - yuk

Any logic to the Jags TE swain? Its risky given the matchup but if Lattimore takes Chark away, they are targeting the TE’s there and love to throw plus you can’t run on NO’s line. Or is he too risky?

1 Like

I mean… of that lot… I think Eifert would be the safest bet.

Have you looked down the list of the teams that have multiple, serviceable TE’s that might like a lower end RB or WR for depth? You have plenty of RB & WR depth… maybe trying to strengthen the TE permanently may be a good approach. I mean, heck… if you could trade for a higher end TE… some weeks he could run as your flex. Just a thought…

2 Likes

Almost had a trade for Kelce but he wanted Engram as part of it, with him out he backed off. Could try again and see if he wants to stream - he has Henry at RB and MT at WR and nothing else so he’s keen to trade.

We can only flex RB/WR but good idea though. Trade wise I think Cook and Zeke could be in play if I beat my opponent this week, Cook could have a low game vs Philly and Zeke hasn’t hit full speed yet. If Jones blows up I know that owner would take Jones and someone like OBJ for Cook.

Was saving him for that but if the option was there would you put up Aaron Jones for Kelce and if it’s accepted go for it? Trade Engram when he’s healthy?

2 Likes

@James89 I love that idea. I’d also look at maybe Coleman and OBJ package? I dunno if that would sell, but those are roster spots that you probably aren’t using on a regular. I always try to think about how I’m NOT using a guy as much as how I’m using a different one. Kelce will be an every week guy. If you can trade for two low use guys on name value (more OBJ)… yeah… It probably wound’t work, but it is worth the negotiation effort.

2 Likes

just had a glance, really i’d have to go for one of the big guns like Kelce but not sure he’ll do it with the options he’d be left with or OJ Howard is on someones bench, last placed team I could probably get him for next to nothing. But he’s been such a bust I don’t know if I want to roll that dice

1 Like

That’s church, right there. 150% agree

Ditto, I’ve just accumulated so much depth lately I’ve not had a chance to trade it all yet. Will be looking to add another stud or two though, I wont crush my depth but I fully agree and love the 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 trade. As long as you get the best guy i’m all about that.

1 Like

I rode the Juice early and paid for it. I’ve moved on, but Ariens throwing him under the bus was nonsense. He said he had to do better. Anyone using the eyeball test should ask: how can he do better without targets? The “Quarterback Whisperer” should have whispered to Jameis: hey we used a high pick on this gifted athlete. I’m gonna make some plays for him.
Nope

1 Like

Agreed I don’t understand his lack of usage, with his physical gifts he should be tearing it up on the reg.

Well if that owners a target, is he lacking enough of your depth that he’d deal Kelce? Is he desperate? It seems like your leagues pretty competitive. Just curious, but is it worth the depth loss for perma TD vs streaming Ros?

Hi roster is:
QB - Jackson & Minshew
RB - Henry, Drake, Barber, Duke, Ajayi
WR - MT, Landry, Josh Gordon, Metcalf, Shepard
TE - Kelce

So for a full PPR league he’s scraping by at RB really and hit on Jackson at QB in the draft and has two studs in MT and Kelce. If he lost a starter to injury though he’d be close to done based on his depth IMO. It’s fairly competitive, there’s 3/4 teams that are poor but for the most part it’s pretty close.

Almost everyone chases points in the league though, aside from me and two other guys who are always fighting for the ship at the end. Getting better though, trades are tough when you first start out

1 Like

Would you go Jimmy Graham over Vance McDonald? I’m an Engram owner as well

1 Like