Need help trading Josh Jacobs or Woods! 0.5 PPR 1-2 team

Hey fellas, so im struggling this season in a league. Got the 12th pick of the draft(won last year) and drafted josh jacobs and joe mixon back to back. Then I drafted robert woods, lev bell and sutton in the next rounds. I lost sutton, bell, coleman, crowder, sheppard and paris campbell for injuries and this league is very competitive, so the waiver wire is hard to cover my losses.
Anyway, im 1-2 and a league member is trying to trade with me.
His team:
Qb - rodgers
Rbs - cmc(ir), conner, robinson, Malcolm Brown and benny snell
Wrs - evans, mclaurin, keenan allen, keelan cole and humpfries
Te - engram

He wants me to propose a trade(he wants jacobs or woods) and I need your help to decide if I change my team or say no to this trade and keep going with this players I have!

my line up right now is:
dak
jacobs and mixon
woods and anyone who can play(this week as corey davis)
Mark Andrews
Joshua Kelly

My bench: Alshon Jeffery, Gaskin, Gesicki, Mattison, Zach Pascal. IR: Bell and Campbell

Mixon is struggling too hard right now to be your RB1, and while robinson has been solid it’s still too soon to say if he’s going to be able to remain this consistent as the season progresses. Woods may have ups and downs but is definately one of the safest Ram recievers and can safely be started every single week, and going from that to mike evans who is touchdown dependant and Mclaurin who has a bad QB, i think it’s downgrades across the board.

TLDR, he’s trying to buy low on your players, don’t take the bait.

1 Like

postgambino

1m

So after rejecting offers from him, he asked to counter offer him some trade. Do you have any advice on what i should try to do?
His team:
Qb - rodgers
Rbs - cmc(ir), conner, robinson, Malcolm Brown and benny snell
Wrs - evans, mclaurin, keenan allen, keelan cole and humpfries
Te - engram

Bump for help from the footclan

Who are your other WR’s? I would maybe consider giving up Woods for James Robinson. I’d MAYBE think about going for Conner, but it’s not a matter of if, but WHEN he gets hurt again. Robinson has looked good so far. If you can trade Woods for him and still cover your WR positions, I’d consider that trade.

Maybe Robinson and Allen for Jacobs? You need WR help urgently so i don’t think it does you any good to worry about downgrading at RB a bit

*edit: probably include Pascal or Davis to sweeten the deal

1 Like

My team is this rn:
dak
jacobs and mixon
woods and anyone who can play(this week was corey davis)
Mark Andrews
Joshua Kelly

My bench: Alshon Jeffery, Gaskin, Gesicki, Mattison, Zach Pascal. IR: Bell and Campbell

Whacha think? I think my WR situation sucks rn lol

Thanks man, would u rather trade for robinson or conner? i could try and get allen for one of them and see what happens!

Connor is on a better offense and should therefore get more opportunity, but he is highly injury prone. Robinson may not get as many opportunities but he’s been a workhorse so far. Really comes down to who you think will do better ROS. I would personally pick Connor and start him over Mixon and hope that Mixon picks it up in the second half of the season.

I think im going conner there. The offer on the table right now is: jacobs and tee higgins for conner, snell and keenan allen. Watcha think??

It’s not terrible value wise, but i’d personally do everything in my power to keep Jacobs on my team. is there anyway you can sell Mixon based on the name value? Or, since you have Gesicki, you could try and flip Andrews into a solid WR or RB?

I’m fearful that if you get rid of jacobs (despite getting a WR and an RB2) that you’re basicly banking on Mixon figuring it out, and i’m personally not on the wagon that he will. Jacobs is 10x more solid than Mixon

2 Likes

I would not give up Jacobs, personally. I would consider giving up Woods for Robinson. I like Conner. I like Conner a lot. But I just can’t see him ever finishing a season. Right now, James Robinson is looking VERY similar to CEH. Match-up proof. Miami is doing a decent job against RB’s on the ground and he still had a great fantasy day because he’s also the #1 option for check downs, just like CEH. Jacksonville has a decent O-line and no one else to throw the ball to. I believe he’s a year-long RB1.

My advice: trade Woods for Robinson. Trade Mark Andrews for a good WR to replace Woods after this week if he has a good week. Let that value for Andrews go up first. After that I would see who needs a TE badly. Tyler Lockett OR DK Metcalf would be ideal targets to trade Andrews for. If Joshua Kelly has a good week, trade him too. I don’t see him being viable all season. Sell high for another good WR. Maybe DJ Moore if he has another rough week. Or even DJ Chark. He’s a good buy-low candidate.
After all that, your team COULD be:
Dak
Jacobs, Robinson, Mixon
Locket, Moore/Chark
Gesicki
Gaskin? (right now the insane volume makes him a great flex play)

I’d be pretty happy with this lineup.

1 Like

thanks man, that is actually a great plan for my future team! Unfortunatelly for now my trading discussions with the conner/robinson owner are on hold because conner wont play this week and he needs robinson.

BUT… There’s another trade on the table right now, do you mind giving me your opinion there? ROS: Amari Cooper or Stefon Diggs? I literally just received this offer and I think would actually help me a lot!

with conner not playing this week the trading talks have ended lol but i have this other trade offer on the table, if you could give me your opinion id appreciate! ROS: Amari Cooper or Stefon Diggs?

Would you trade Josh Jacobs for Julio Jones and Monty…? Asking for a mate :wink:

Depending on my team… if i needed a clear cut WR1 and had another trustworthy rb id do it! I like Montgomery ros without cohen