Need to Win, Need a WR

Winning this week potentially locks up a Wk 14 bye, losing essentially guarantees I don’t get it (plus I’m playing my dad…needless to say, it’s a must win). Full PPR, my WRs are Boyd, MVS, Shepard, and Sutton. I’m playing MVS, but I need one more. Should I roll with one of the guys I have, or should I pick someone up to fill the spot? Top FAs are Watkins, Crabtree, Godwin, Miller, Reynolds, and Coutee. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Man this is tough. Boyd is the standout name but tough matchup against Baltimore, and Cincy offense is iffy without Green. Sutton doesn’t soak up a ton of targets but has the bigger play capability. Godwin is a hit or miss, could get 9 targets could get 3. I like Miller and Reynolds too. I think it depends on the type of play you need (potential boom vs safe floor). Floor I’d go Boyd or Sutton, Boom I’d go Godwin or Miller.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

Any thoughts on Shepard vs TB?

Ugh another good option. I think I’d play him because he has a similar floor as the others mentioned but has a 33% chance of also blowing up which is pretty good. But also, their are talks of Green playing this weekend, so I’d play Boyd if he’s out there.

You also have the benefit of MVS playing on Thursday, so you’ll know more if you need a boom or a good floor come Sunday.

1 Like

Watkins is supposed to be fine with his foot and that should be a high scoring game.

1 Like

True, I’m just down on Sammy idk why. I think his complete lack of ability to be consistent in the first half of the season really just pushed me over the edge with him and I no longer consider him for a lineup haha. But he has been playing ok as of late.

Lots of guys were saying you pretty much have to stick him in your lineup and take the good with the bad. To an extent I agree there. He’s one of the few guys in that tier that you can flex that can actually be the top WR in fantasy any given week.

1 Like