New to dynasty. Looking for advise starting a new league

Greetings fellow footclan! Quick back story, my coworkers have an annual redraft league and I have started talking about starting a dynasty league to sweeten our football experience. League format for our redraft has been 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST and 7 bench spots, 3 IR.

None of us have done dynasty before, so as the instigator of this idea I am looking for advice from experienced dynasty players as dynasty sounds like a ton of fun.

It will likely be a smaller league, we barely fill 12 teams every year in the redraft league. So I do have several basic questions for starting up our league and would greatly appreciate any experienced insight.

For a smaller league, how many teams/divisions would be ideal?

How many playoff spots? Should top teams get a bye?

Starting our league, should there be 2 drafts? (1 for current rostered players, 1 for rookies after the NFL draft has completed) And when during the 2021 year should drafting occur?

What platform do you suggest for a dynasty league? (We have been using the official NFL league platform)

Kickers are, fun for redrafts, but for a dynasty what positions/quantities are recommended? No IDPs, only DSTs.

Recommended size of a full roster?

These are just a few thoughts off the top of the dome, I may think of others. Just want to get advise on creating a fun, quality dynasty league for years of enjoyment and entertainment. I sincerely look forward to any advise you guys have from your own leagues and experience. Cheers! And here’s to 2021!!!

Here is a great pod that goes over some of the settings for a startup dynasty league.