No brainer trade for Wilson?

10 team standard league. 6PT throwing TD scoring.

I have Brees and just grabbed Minshew. Im last place, so I put feelers out for a QB. Asked the Allen and Wilson owners what it would take to snag them.

The Wilson owner replied and said Antonio Gibson and Chris Godwin. I’m stunned. I feel like this is a no brainer.

For reference i have Henry, Drake, Ingram and Malcolm Brown at RB and Green, Kupp, Samuel, and Chark at WR leftover if I give up Godwin and Gibson.

On paper that is a no brainer trade, however, your WRs will be decimated.

Chark is a high-end WR2 with WR1 upside. Kupp is currently a TD dependent low-end WR2. Green is a flex play at best unless he and Burrow can estabish a repoire. Samuel was the clear 4th option in the Panthers passing game, I do believe he will see a target increase now that RunCMC is out for a bit, I only seeing him being a streaming flex play at best.

1 Like

Clarification, it’s Deebo Samuel. Doesn’t make that big a difference but yeah.

I see exactly your point. I do have top waiver and am looking at snagging Cee Dee Lamb.

Oh, Deebo changes that some, but coming off a foot injury for a WR is tough.

Lamb would be a good add. It is looking like he is establishing himself as the #2 WR on the team over Gallup and behind Zeke and Amari. He has potential to be a high-end WR2, even dipping into low-end WR1 a couple of weeks, especially since it is looking like Dallas will be in constant shootouts.

1 Like

Okay… follow up: if I do it, my WR core is not solid. Kupp, Green, Chark, and Deebo Samuel when he’s off IR.

I have highest waiver. WRs available on waivers right now:

Darius Stayton, Keelan Cole, Russell Gage, MVS, Corey Davis, Chase Claypool, Allan Lazard, Lavishka Shenault, Cee Dee Lamb, and Adam Humphries.

If I take the trade, and can’t put together something for a better WR trade, who so I target in waivers?

I suggest not making the trade for Rus. I would see if you can get Lamb and Gage off waivers. Start Minshew for the next 4 weeks (vsMia, @Cin, @Hou, vsDet). Meanwhile, in those 4 weeks maybe Brees can get it going again and MT will be back from injury (will put it at week 7 to possibly start Brees again and MT to be back).

1 Like