Opinions on Players being Drafted with Keeper Value!

Footclan, need your expert opinions.

I am in an office league, and it is super competitive. Keepers are kept with a draft cost. For instance, I drafted Devin Singletary in the 13th Round last year. This year I kept him for a 12th Round pick. Each year you can keep up to two.

In drafts this year with this type of Keeper Compensations, who are your targets late that could be studs next year and be in the upper rounds? One person I am targeting is J.K. Dobbins. His ADP is in the 7th - 8th Round in a 10-team league this year. Next year in 2021, I can see him as a 1st Round Pick, and I can keep him with great value. So who would you guys target?

Thanks!

Ben

What’s the penalty if it’s a guy that’s undrafted? Last round? If it’s cheap, then look who’s on the waiver wire the last week of playoffs and (once you’ve locked in your starters) drop all the guys you know you won’t keep and pick up potential values. It can be difficult to find the diamonds in the rough, but it’s how I had David Johnson in 2016 for a 15th rounder.

Expiring contracts and confusing backfields…maybe Philip Lindsay who is a restricted free agent next year will go be the guy somewhere else. Chris Carson is an unrestricted free agent next year, maybe Rashaad Penny will get the nod?

All that to say, if you aren’t able to grab a guy like Jonathan Taylor or JK Dobbins, it’s probably a crap shoot! Good luck