‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Overpay for Tevin Coleman? DESPERATION!

Hey all – first off, 10 team, redraft PPR league.

I’ve been not so lucky with the points (ex: lost with 150 last week to the 9-0 team) but I am 3-6 with 5 games to go. I’m 3 games out of the playoffs, but feel like my team is pretty damn solid right now, and could potentially win out to make the playoffs. That being said, I have a bit of bye week trouble – next week will see Sony, Chubb, and Gordon all go on bye, which is what makes me think that maybe it could be worth it to overpay to get a non-Sony RB. What do you think?

I am thinking of offering the Tevin Coleman owner:

Sony Michel + Doug Baldwin

or

Sony Michel + OJ HOward

or

Sony Michel + Courtland Sutton

for

Tevin Coleman

Just to avoid this bye week scenario next week. I have Mike Davis and Josh Adams on my bench, but not sure they would provide the level of production I need to keep winning out.
What do you think? Here’s my full roster:

QB: Patrick Mahomes
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Nick Chubb
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Juju Smith-Schuster
TE: Zach Ertz
W/R/T: Josh Gordon
DEF: NE (this week/stream)
K: Robbie Gould
BN: OJ Howard
BN: Sony Michel
BN: Josh Adams
BN: Mike Davis
BN: Courtland Sutton
BN: Doug Baldwin

I’m a Tevin owner… if I was offered Sony 1:1 for Tevin, I would strongly consider with my gut reaction being to take it.

If you want to make a move, start with just Sony

really don’t think he’d accept

I think any of those trades are more than fair to be honest. i also agree with @ECC if i was offered Sony straight up for Tevin and i had the depth to maybe sit Sony for a week if he doesn’t go - most Coleman owners unless they traded for him should have depth as he was a bench with upside draft pick - i’d have a hard time saying no to that.

If this guy needs a TE then he has to go for Sony and Howard, that’s a top 8 TE being thrown in! Either of the WR gives are fine, personally preference as to who you feel better parting with IMO

also, strategically, this is the right move, right? I need to get wins, and Michel and Chubb having the same bye next week doesn’t seem ideal

As you are in a hole at RB next week and you do need to win now, yes you do need to get another RB in ideally past the bye week or at least not next week to play as your RB2. I feel like it is a slight overpay as mentioned but needs must and you have to win so if you can get it done do it

As expected he rejected Michel for Coleman 1-1. This owner I think is particularly weary because I kinda owned him in a trade earlier this season (I gave him Brees and Keelan Cole for Davante Adams)… what should I follow up with just to get this done?

What does his roster look like and what’s his situation with regards to record and playoff race?

He’s 3 games in front of me, in the 4th and final playoff spot right now. Here’s his roster-- it’s pretty good:

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Saquon Barkley
RB: James Conner
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
TE: Greg Olsen
W/R/T: Tevin Coleman
DEF: Who cares
K: Who cares
BN: Deshaun Watson
BN: Alex Collins
BN: Doug Martin
BN: Sterling Shepherd
BN: Randall Cobb
BN: Dez Bryant

This can be the issue, trading with teams in front of you can be tricky also looking at his roster the drop off from Coleman is pretty steep at RB. Plus as we still don’t 100% know what the Bell situation is if he trades Coleman away, Conner ends up in a timeshare next week and if Michel is out this week he’s in a hole this week and as Coleman has a decent schedule and had a decent points total last week he may just be set.

Trading with top teams is always hard, if there anyone below you who isn’t down and out who you can trade with for an RB in that range who can help you now?
You can try the counters with those options you said above - if you can message him ask who he wants or if Coleman is even a trade option?

As a top team i would take Michel and as much as i could get from you, as you need to win now and will be stuck next week this is the deal teams above should be doing so it may be a non starter as mentioned but worth a try

I feel very confident that Michel is playing this week (though it’s not my call to make officially obviously) – but I believe he was OK to play last week and they held him for one more just as precaution. He’s been practicing for almost two weeks now.

Oh i agree but getting into the mindset of the other owner and how he could be looking at it is what i’m getting at. Tells me if you are turning down a guy like Michel with his upside he is playing it safe and is either waiting to get more from you than you should pay or just isn’t open to the trade.

Either way if you can find out the deal from him and see if Coleman is available if not scout out the other owners for a trade

Right. Honestly, I think this owner is just super tentative and over-valuing, in general. Especially after getting owned by me in a trade earlier this season

Could be, I had the same issues last year. Ended up getting a massive win on a trade early in the season I can’t recall what it was but the guy was trade shy the rest of the year because of that with me. Not much you can do there sometimes it just happens

Yeah this guy is being a fool and doesn’t want anyone from my bench with Sony for Tevin, and says “I Have no reason to want that move with Freeman on IR and how well James White has played” which… shows that he doesn’t really know what he’s talking about

I suggested maybe moving Chubb instead but I don’t even want to do that