‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Play a streamer over Matt Ryan this week?

4pt passing, would anyone pick up and play any of these over Matt Ryan this week?

Tannehill, Fitzmagic, Goff, Foles, Dalton, Mayfield, Carr?

1 Like

I benched Ryan, dropped Cousins and picked up Tannehill.

2 Likes

Thinking with Julio possibly out and playing the Saints he might have another dud

Here is how my QB model projects those options this week:
Ryan - QB11
Tannehill - QB8
Fitz - QB21
Goff - QB14
Foles* - QB2
Dalton - QB18
Mayfield - QB26
Carr - QB24

*Very limited sample size (two full games), so expect high variance.

I would pick up and stream Tannehill if he’s available. As a bonus, he could end up being a good start the rest of the season too. The only other option I would consider is Foles, who has a great matchup, but comes with the most risk. Unless my opponent was projected to beat me by a lot this week, I’d probably play Ryan over Foles (but I’d still stash Foles if I could AND if I couldn’t get Tannehill). My QB model is below for reference. Hope this helps. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 13 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

2 Likes

Lifelong Falcons fan here. I’d start just about anyone over Ryan this week just due the inconsistency of this team. Last week he should have feasted on TB and we all saw how that went.

He has the entire realm of possibilities available, he could be QB 1…or QB 43. Yes I know it would take some hard work to be the 43rd ranked QB on the week…lol…but that’s where the Falcons are right now. No one saw them going into NO and SPANKING the Saints in the SuperDome, and very few people saw the Bucs stomping them at home. Buyer Beware.

1 Like

Yeah him putting up sub par numbers lost me playoffs. I missed playoffs by 10 points :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks all, I’ll grab Tannehill and steam. I don’t need a massive upside week just a stable 19-23 points will be fine and avoiding a possible single digit outing.

2 Likes

Upon review would you stick with Tannehill ROS as a possible Ryan replacement for the playoff run… or grab Fitz?

Given Miami’s lack of ground game and cake matchups Fitz could be on a lot of championship teams this year?

1 Like

Definitely possible. I already had Fitz as an add for RoS (and obviously he outperformed his projection this week). I’ll have to see how the numbers come out tomorrow vs. Tannehill, but it sure looks like he could be good play down the stretch.

1 Like