‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

PPR 10 team draft strategies

Im in a 10 team full PPR league and was wanting advice on draft strategy to use, should I target running backs first or wr’s? just looking for a basic rule of thumb to try to follow, I know it really depends on how the other players are drafting, just looking for some help, thanks

It really depends on what the best value is. For example if you have a pick at the end of the 1st round and everyone has gone RB heavy, I would go WR there. You could end up getting Julio Jones & Micheal Thomas together on the turn. That’s a huge positional advantage especially in Full PPR. I also like to put a priority on pass catching RBs if possible in a full PPR.

ahh ok, that makes sense, last year I played in this same league and i was picking at number 4 and i ended up drafting A.Brown in the 1st and Melvin Gordon the 2nd round, wasn’t sure how everybody was gunna pick cause i was picking before most of them, lets say im picking at 5 this year, you recommend i go with a top tier wr if , lets say gurley, bell, and Elliot is picked?

Yeah unless David Johnson is there at 5, I go Antonio Brown there

If I was at 5 I would take one of the top 5 RBs, whichever one was left to me between Bell, Gurley, Zeke, Johnson and Barkley and try to grab only of the top WRs that falls to the 2nd round like Green, Evans, Thomas as in most drafts people are going very RB heavy and the 1st round so there is usually a WR I am happy with in the 2nd. That being said, there is nothing wrong with grabbing Brown, Beckham or Hopkins at 5 and grabbing a RB in the second like Mixon, McKinnon, Freeman, or if you get lucky and someone like Cook slips.

Thanks for help yall, much appreciated. once i complete my draft ill post it on here see what yall think