‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

PPR Keeper League

Alright, alright, alright!

I’m in a 12 team .5/reception PPR keeper league, where you can keep a player for two seasons after drafting him. The way it works for our league is that you lose the round prior to where the player was drafted the previous season. For example, Melvin Gordon was drafted in the 5th round in 2016, so I kept him and lost my 4th round draft pick in 2017 (btw, I did this after drafting him in the 4th round in 2015). If a player was not drafted, but you picked them up on waivers, you only lose your pick in the last round. We cannot keep any players that were drafted in the first two rounds. I have three players that I want to potentially keep, but I can only keep one of them. Melvin Gordon (I’d lose my 3rd round pick, which is still good value), Jerick McKinnon (I’d only lose my pick in the last round of the draft, because he was not drafted), or Derick Henry (I’d lose my 6th round pick). What player should I keep? I’m leaning towards McKinnon, because of the system he’s in and because I think he offers the most value due to only having to lose a last round pick. However, I really like Melvin Gordon, especially because he’s a 3 down back and he’ll get goal line carries. I’m less thrilled to keep Henry, because he doesn’t catch the ball out of the backfield and Dion Lewis might impact his touches. I just think Derick Henry is a great football player and I think he’s going to have a breakout season this year. Do you see my dilemma?!

PS You guys offer some of the best advice and you crack me the eff up! Good luck this season!

I think Gordon in the 3rd is a no brainer… With your 1st pick you can take a stud RB assuming there are some to pool from and then round 2 take a stud WR.

Then you will have 2x RB1 and a WR1.

Mckinnon as a last round pick is super great value. But not worth the gamble for me if your only allowed to keep 1 player. If it was 2 players I’d go Melvin and mckinnon.

Henry isn’t even in the conversation for me. It’s melvin for me

But I’m sure someone might have some good insight on why taking the mckinnon option might be best.