QB decision. Ryan or Jackson?

Start Matt Ryan at home vs Arizona or Lamar Jackson at home vs TB?

or Trubisky at home vs the Packers?

I’d feel more comfortable starting Ryan. With Flacco healthy and a lot at stake for Baltimore, it’s at least possible that Jackson gets pulled at some point if things go south mid-game

1 Like

Ialso am debating ryan or mitch. While mitch has the higher upside Ithink ryan is safer

How about Ryan or Cousins

I know this post is about Ryan, but @Pmanningthegoat…just having to agree about Truby. I’ve got Wilson and Truby, and going with Wilson this week.

As for Ryan, yeah… against Arz……man I just don’t know. They’ve been tough against the QB lately, but…this seems to be a BIG year for Ryan…so…very possible he keeps up the pace.

Concerning Jackson…even tho Flacco is pretty much cleared to come back…IDK folks, I don’t see him playing much, unless as @Hazel11 mentioned. If the whole game suddenly seems to be a loss, I can see them throwing him in full fledged!!!

Here’s what the latest ESPN report is saying about it:
Flacco didn’t suit up in Arrowhead this past Sunday and remains in question for this week against the Buccaneers. If Flacco were to suit up, he’s a risky QB2 due to the potential of him getting pulled for Lamar Jackson, whether it be because of struggles or a re-injury.
The Ravens list Flacco (right hip) as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers.

Spin:

Flacco was listed as a full practice participant all week, so he’ll presumably be available this weekend. In any case, assuming he’s in uniform Sunday, he’s be in line to back up Lamar Jackson, who has been confirmed as the Ravens’ Week 15 starting QB.

Jackson (ankle) was a full participant at Wednesday’s practice.

Spin:

In addition to the good news about Jackson’s ankle injury, coach John Harbaugh confirmed Wednesday morning that the rookie will continue to start at quarterback. Joe Flacco (hip) is expected to return for Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay as the backup QB, though it isn’t out of the question he could play a few snaps, specifically in obvious passing situations. Jackson’s ability to practice without any restrictions suggests he should have his usual mobility Sunday.

Biggest red flag here: “If Flacco were to suit up, he’s a risky QB2 due to the potential of him getting pulled for Lamar Jackson, whether it be because of struggles or a re-injury.”

This is what worries me most about Flacco. Even his coaches are already tossing in the “re-injury” conversation. That says red flags to me!!!