QB HELP Brees or Jackson

In a league where we have to carry 2 QB but start one , who should i start Lamar Jackson vs the 49ers ( Ranked 2nd in Defense ) or Drew Brees vs the Falcons (Ranked 28th in Defense) , I am torn here… this is playoff time and a win is crucial with seeding

1 Like

I would stay with Jackson. Since the falcons smartly removed defensive play calling from their head coach they have been amazing. The 28 ranking does not reflect how they are actually playing now. Brees carries more risk than you think

2 Likes

Jackson is basically unstoppable… I benched him for the Pats and regretted it… not happening again

2 Likes

You roll Jackson. The rushing prevents him from having bad weeks. Patriots couldn’t stop him and they excel at shutting down a team’s best player. I don’t expect SF to be able to do it either.

2 Likes

To echo what other posters have said, I would go with Jackson as well. My QB projection model takes into account strength of opponent adjusted for who they have previously played (schedule-adjusted fantasy points allowed). Using that, it does look like a rough week for Jackson - he is only projected to be the QB3, and the projected QB2 is Nick Foles who’s projection is based on a very small sample size. So, unless I had both Mahomes and Jackson, I’m taking my chances with Jackson vs. a tough 49ers defense.

For another perspective, the Ballers do have Brees ranked one spot higher than Jackson in their consensus rankings, but even they are split (Jason prefers Jackson). But I’d still go with Jackson.

My QB model is below for reference. Hope this helps. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 13 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

1 Like