QB help please.. so bittersweet

I’m in some trouble… I was on a bye week and my team killed it. Standard scoring scored 130 points. However I was at the Eagles Rams game(huge eagles fan, and an unbelievable game). But it was bittersweet. I have Wentz at QB and he is likely done for the year with a torn ACL. I need some help at my next man up at QB. I have Tyrod on my bench who is hard to trust as is. Other guys on the wire aren’t great. Best options are probably as follows… 1. Jameis Winston 2. Blake Bortles 3. jimmy G 4. Saint Nick Foles. It’s upsetting as an Eagles fan to lose Wentz but also a guy who carried my fantasy team to the conference championship (at least) next week… if you were in my shoes who do you pick and why? Standard scoring… thanks any and everyone

2 Likes

I would absolutely have no hesitation about rolling out Bortles next week against the Texans. Garoppolo is a solid second choice, but my first choice would be Bortles. I actually believe both finish in the top 12 QBs. I think Bortles is a top 10 QB. In fact, I plan on picking up Bortles just to play keep-away from my opponent.

Help with mine?

1 Like

I’d go Bortles man. Two solid matchups against BAD defenses. He’s no Wentz but he should be the safest. Tyrod is cuttable for a different backup in my opinion, or maybe a defense stream. Whatever you need the spot for but I wouldnt hold him.

1 Like

Had Wentz but was on a bye this week. I picked up Bortles on Thursday as an emergency back-up, in case anything happened to Wentz during the play offs. Glad I did now! Bortles has soft games weeks 15 and 16 (Hou and SF). Could do a lot worse. I’d rate him the #1 of those four you mention.

I’m now looking for a back-up to Bortles. Thinking Gabbert or Foles. Both have NYG in the next couple of weeks. Gabbert’s also at home both weeks.

On Winston - I just don’t have faith. His match ups could be better the next two weeks and his WRs just don’t seem to be showing up. I have Mike Evans and he’s killing me.

2 Likes

Thank you and that’s what I’m leaning right now… will probably grab bortles as priority and Nick Foles as a #2 option with a great offense around. As for you, the floor is without Big Ben no doubt next week since Rodgers is coming off an injury and may but rusty. But the ceiling is aaron Rodgers cus he’s aaron Rodgers!

1 Like

Yeah and that’s kinda where I’m leaning , gonna drop Tyrod (too hard to trust) and aaron jones for 2 QBs… thinking bortles and nick Foles both have good matchups, both don’t have big names, but hopefully both can get the job done lol best of luck to you!

You make some very good points and bortles is probably my best option, Jameis is just the bigger name. I like your move of grabbing a backup to your now starting backup as I am doing the same. I’m grabbing bortles with priority and will most likely grab nick Foles as a backup because the eagles offense is too talented to go to waster, and it satisfies my eagles blood lol thanks for the response and best of luck!!

Bortles is probably the best option there. But I just cant play him ever again. I picked him up to play the first time Tyrod got benched a few weeks ago. Tyrod outscored him in the half of football that he played and if I had played Tyrod that week I would have made the playoffs…

1 Like

Good point. It’s just a tricky situation all around with my starting QB getting hurt on a bye. I’ll probably grab bortles/Winston and nick Foles. I see at least one of the 3 of them going off last 2 weeks but it’s not the best situation to be in lol

Any more advice and opinions would be awesome. Big money championship footclan, you guys always pull thru for me! Thanks in advance!

Bortles by a mile. His schedule is GREAT, his team still has a ton to play for, and he has a great group of weapons (and honestly, I’m not entirely sure Winston is a better player).

1 Like

Honestly, you’re right. Winston is the bigger name but I think Bortles has the better odds with all those factors. I’m an eagles fan, so passion is probably getting in the way… but I do have some faith in Nick Foles. A solid 18 points in standard isnt out of reach, and I’ll take that in the next 2 weeks with the roster I have based around the QB

I am in a similar spot, however Big Ben is available too - would yall lean big ben over big blake?

1 Like

Honestly Ben has been playing so well lately I would probably prioritize grabbing him first if hes available. Pats D has looked much better but with the weapons on the steelers I think he’ll give you the safest floor. Good luck Amigo

This feedback has helped me too. I dropped Prescott last week and picked up Rogers as cover for Wentz. Now I don’t think I’ll get Prescott back, but I think I’d prefer bortles too.

1 Like

Yeah Bortles seems to be the popular play and since I’m the 2 seed and won’t have priority on claims I may get struck by the keep away game from my opponent in the next round. We’ll see, either way if that happens Foles will be rostered and I’ll grab someone else out of the trash I mean waiver wire lol. Such a tough way to end an MVP season, but now it’s next man up

Grab Bortles and ride him to the glorious championship that you shall receive!!!

1 Like

One can only hope my friend, hopefully nobody plays keep away on Bortles. It’s either him or Saint Nick for me :pray:t3:

Absolutely Bortles. He’s playing his best football, right now. Only 8 INT’s this year. No, I’m not close to being a Jags fan.