‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Rank these bench receivers

Standard redraft 10 team:

Stills, Hurns, Crowder, DJ Moore.

If you’ve seen my comments here, you know I have opinions on all of them, but I’m curious about every else’s thoughts n them.

They’re all available as my last WR right now.

Thoughts?

Crowder, Stills, Hurns, Moore. I’m a Panthers fan and I’ve seen enough overthrows to put Moore last for THIS year. Crowder will benefit from A. Smith and Still is basically the only down field guy in Miami. Hurns is a quality WR but with Dak as qb, I put him 3rd.

I’m intrigued most by Crowder. If Alex Smith reverts to form, I expect Crowder to see lots of targets, but he may be overshadowed when and if Jordan Reed is healthy. And in a standard format he’s less appealing.

Next for me would be Stills because he seems like the #1 guy now, but just not a great offense.

I’m very interested in whether Hurns can be the #1 guy in Dallas. DJ Moore should be able to take advantage of less difficult secondary matchups so he’s got an opportunity.

Yeah…I’m leaning towards Stills, but I do get the love for all of the others. That’s why I’m asking. Crowder is receiving more props than I expected.

Is there word that he and Smith have established a rapport?

I haven’t heard much about Smith and Crowder. I think it’s based on Smith tending to like the slot receivers and tight ends.

Here’s something I found today about Stills. I went to Matt Harmon’s WR rankings. He’s the guy who does the reception perception for the UDK so I figured he must be sort of a WR whisperer. I compared his ranks with the ADP on Yahoo and highlighted players he ranked at least 5 or 10 spots higher than their ADP rankings. Kenny Stills is going as the #69 receiver taken on Yahoo drafts, but Matt Harmon ranks him #29! That looks like a huge value. In my league Stills will probably not get drafted so rather than targeting guys like Geronimo Allison, James Washington or even Anthony Miller, I think I’ll spend my last couple of draft picks on Stills and Rishard Matthews who is being drafted as the #71 receiver, but Harmon has him ranked as his #39 WR.

Three others worth mentioning here based on their Matt Harmon rankings compared with their ADP are Tyler Lockett, Cameron Meredith and John Brown.

On the other side, here are some guys who are being drafted quite a bit higher than Matt Harmon ranks them: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chris Hogan, Robby Anderson, Will Fuller, Robert Woods and Devin Funchess.

I went and did the same and decided on Stills (was leaning that way anyway).

Thanks for going to the trouble, man…I really appreciate it!