‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Rank these WRs for PPR

Testing the general consensus about these WRs verses the rankings I’ve seen from the Ballers/ ESPN/ etc. Feel free to make a case for why you value certain players over others.

Tyreek Hill
Demaryius Thomas
Allen Robinson
Doug Baldwin
Golden Tate
Amari Cooper
Jarvis Landry
Marvin Jones Jr.
Alshon Jeffery

Tate
Baldwin (if active)
Landry
Cooper
Robinson
Thomas
Jeffrey
Jones Jr
Hill

I love this question. This is gonna be fun.

1. Tyreek Hill - PPR machine, but check out my note on Sammy Watkins at the end. Plus we don’t know how he and Mahomes are going to be together.

2. Amari Cooper - Gruden wants to build his offense around Amari, the only thing I’d watch is how Carr looks at Jordy. Without Crabtree I’d say Amari would get so many more targets, but now you’ve got Jordy in the mix. Something to pay attention to for sure.

3. Doug Baldwin - should see a slight uptick in targets, though others on this list may have more receptions Baldwin should score more touchdowns, giving him a bit of an edge

4. Allen Robinson - because who else does Trubisky honestly have to throw it to? He was great in JAX, he’ll be great in CHI as well. Only thing to watch is how often they use Howard and Cohen as pass catchers. I can see either one taking a few targets away.

5. Golden Tate - If this wasn’t PPR I might put Tate first on this list. He’s the most consistent of the bunch IMO and he’s got a great QB in Stafford. I think Stafford views Jones as his number 1, but Tate will see more opportunities.

6. Demaryius Thomas - I have a hard time putting him above Jones because of his age and the QB situation, but I think he’s still the clear WR1 in Denver whereas Jones has to share with Tate.

7. Marvin Jones - Love Jones, but just think Tate will have more opportunity.

8. Jarvis Landry - Everybody’s high on him and I don’t get it. He’s not the WR1 anymore (Gordon is if he stays out of trouble), new QB in Taylor - who has Mayfield breathing down his neck - and CLEVELAND IS STILL CLEVELAND. Until their record shows otherwise, the Browns will always be the Browns.

9. Alshon Jeffery - Injuries are a concern, and Agholor is really rising as a reliable WR.

10. Sammy Watkins - I added Sammy in here because in the end of the season I think he’ll be the clear top guy there and will surpass Tyreek Hill in points. But I do think when it comes to PPR Hill will have an advantage.

Who is Demaryius Thompson ??

Do you think Trubisky has the ability to sustain Howard, Burton, Cohen, and Robinson and allow them to effectively outperform their current ADPs?

I feel as though everyone is split between who of the 2 Lions WRs is the guy you want to draft. Does it mainly come down to league format? They go REALLY close in drafts.

I think people are high on Landry because from what has been seen, he has pretty good rapport with the QBs so far.

Between Watkins & Hill, how much advantage is worth the huge gap in their ADP at the moment?

If you had to pick 1 guy from here where it all comes together for them this season and they finish a WR1, who would it be?

Hm that’s tough. I gotta go with Amari Cooper. If everything comes together for him that means a John gruden offense absolutely loaded with talent is completely centered around production from Amari Cooper and Derek Carr. If all that is true, then Cooper will be AT LEAST top 10 wr.

GREAT POST!!! Will definitely be watching this one over the next week. Draft is a week from Sunday. As they say…no matter how good you think your thought processes, research or “homework” results are…2 brains, or 5 or 10 or 60 are better than one!!! Always new food for thought to be had. Big Thanks @BLumsden09!!!

PS: not sure why, so can’t really give you anything to back this up, but…just got a feeling about Tate for some reason. Will say tho……I think Tate and Stafford are gonna have that “GOLDEN” connection!!! May be wrong, and wouldn’t surprise me. But…I’ll just leave it at that.

Cooper. Volume, skill… his upside is tremendous this year. He could finish well inside the top 10.

Tate would be in my top 3 of that list. He’s a PPR machine that should be getting 90+ receptions. I’ll post my ranks in a minute.

Rankings are as follows for full PPR:

Amari Cooper
Doug Baldwin
Golden Tate
Jarvis Landry
Demaryius Thomas
Allen Robinson
Marvin Jones Jr.
Tyreek Hill
Alshon Jeffery

For 2018 season:

Cooper, Hill, Landry, Jones Jr., Jeffrey, Robinson, Baldwin, Tate, DT

Golden Grahams, Golden Goose, Golden State, Golden Showers, Golden Tate

Doud Baldwin- ( if ready Week 1) with Jimmy out of the picture that opens more Redzone work/more targets in general & he’s already Wilson’s favorite target plus the defense & Running game is trash compared to the past they will be down or in shootouts a lot more. Most likely.

Allen Robinson- Here based on talent alone. Can’t ignore what he did just couple of years ago. Hopefully the coach & Qb Pan out… and he stays healthy.

Demaryius Thomas- I still think he has some juice left & the qb can’t be worse then last year plus I think freeman will open things up eventually. Targets will be there. He gets some TDS. He’s back.

Golden Tate- Great QB. PPR high floor & im a big believer in Kerryon Johnson. Blunt helps. Lions will be better I think. Should open things up more.

Tyreek Hill- His Big Play ability is rare plus a matchup nightmare but Is Patrick M. As good as Andy Reid thinks? I want to believe cus I love gun-slinger type QBs & was impressed with his game at Texas Tech. Defense won’t be good. So they will need to score more.

Jarvis Landry- Maybe the Best hands in the league, great attitude and I like Tyrod but it’s the Browns so who knows.

Marvin Jones- Unlike Tate his floor is in question too much for me. He relies on TDS. I like the lions as a team more this year but not sold on his consistentcy week to week.

Amari Cooper- Raiders have a ton of talent. I believe in Carr. Want to believe in Gruden. No doubt Cooper is one of the best Route runners in the League with a ton of speed & talent but let’s be honest, Bricks for hands.

Alshon Jeffery- Already Hurt, will miss multiple weeks to start the season & never healthy for 16 games. Relies on TDS to much for a shortened season & ppr. I’m staying away no consistentcy.

Baldwin
DT
Robinson
Cooper
Tate
Jones Jr
Hill
Landry
Jeffrey

Baldwin has been doing sprints at camp so thats a plus for him right? Seems the knee wont keep him out of game 1.