Rookie Draft 1.01 Superflex

You have the 1.01 in a superflex. Are you taking Murray no matter what?

not if i had 2 good QBs and needs elsewhere, but he does seem like a reasonable top 3 pick in SF rookie drafts.

1 Like

I have Baker, Dak and Carr…Should I go Sanders or Jacobs?

Taking Murray. It’s not even close.

2 Likes

I thought about taking Murray and using Dak as trade bait.

I’m on board with that strategy although it’s not like you’re QB rich. HOnestly, I would draft Murray and sell Baker. His value is sky high and not to say I don’t think he’s a stud, I do, but whenever a players value is at its highest point, I sell. ANd Baker is 1.02 right now. Ahead of Luck.

2 Likes

I am in agreement with @MikeMeUpp and his assessment. Though I would personally hold Baker, it makes sense to sell high players when they are at peak value.

As another thought, if you are going to move a QB, why not trade back from 1.01 and take Jacobs at the 1.02? If either way you have Dak and Carr, I would much rather have Baker and Jacobs. If in the end you are looking for a value play, why not take value on the unknown (Murray) than the known (Baker)? Unless of course you are confident you can flip Baker for a substantial player.

1 Like

I would normally agree with you but honestly, you’re selling baker at his ceiling. In startups right now for SF, he is going within the top 5-8 picks. His value won’t be much higher than that. For that price, you can be getting someone like Michael Thomas/Davante Adams/JJSS

1 Like

@MikeMeUpp Totally with you, and that was why I ended with only moving him if I knew I could get a substantial player. I know that I have been around leagues that do not care as much as one would expect about QB, even in 2QB leagues. They are important, surely,
but not as big of a pot-o-gold as I would think. Definitely move Baker if you can land MT / DA / JJSS or a comparable RB. I am only putting out other things to consider. I like Baker primarily because we have seen him succeed in the NFL and they seemingly
keep adding value to his offense. If one is okay with Dak / Carr plus anonther high end, why not have the high end with a higher likelihood of hitting since there is NFL film?

But in the end, move anyone you can get a great value on, and you rightly point out this is a peak for Baker and you will probably not get higher value down the road. The same, sure. It is admittedly hard to see it heading higher IMHO. Landing
a high end asset for Baker is a great choice, but so is moving back from the 1.01, landing Jacobs (or whomever) plus something else. Or so I think. And in the end you still have Baker.

Not a right or wrong, but just an alternate thought :slight_smile:

1 Like