Roster help 8 team dynasty league

Roster help for 8 team dynasty league

I’m starting an 8-team .5 ppr dynasty league and looking for advice on roster size. Currently I’m thinking of: 20 Starters (2QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 Flex) 2 K, 3 IDP Flex, 2 Def, 20 Bench Spots 5 Taxi Squad 5 IR spots = 45

just looking for advice on the best roster size and positional structure, starters vs. bench, etc.

Im hoping having 20 starters and 20 bench will alleviate some of the concerns of 8 team leagues where every team is stacked. I still want this league to be competitive in a way that forces owners to think about NFL depth charts, where it’s not a mad dash to the waiver wire when a starter gets hurt - that player next on the depth chart should already be on someone’s team.

Do you guys think the bench should be bigger? I didn’t want to have K, IDP, Def but other members have voted for it so to make the positions relevant Iv make at least 2 of each position.

Iv created 5 taxi to allow for rookies and 5 IR because of roster size.

I think you’ve thought out a good way to make the league deep enough to ensure it has room for people to make mistakes. I’ve never played an 8 team league but this one would at least make you have to act quickly to injuries and not just rock up on Sunday morning and casually stick another stud in the lineup