‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Roster Questions

My league is a 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1DST, 1K league (0.5 PPR). We made the switch to auction this year, and I think I finished with a pretty decent roster (it was my first real auction draft, outside of mock drafts).

QB: Drew Brees ($2), Matthew Stafford ($3)
RB: Melvin Gordon ($54), Devonta Freeman ($53), Duke Johnson ($5), Lamar Miller ($11), Rex Burkhead ($2)
WR: Adam Thielen ($31), Corey Davis ($7), Robert Woods ($9), Randall Cobb ($7), Cooper Kupp ($6), Nelson Agholor ($2), Cameron Meredith ($3)
TE: Trey Burton ($1)
D/ST: Baltimore Ravens ($2)
K: Jake Elliott ($2)

In asking friends who play who aren’t in my league, general consensus has been that my WRs are generally relatively weak and that I don’t really need Brees on the roster (most teams in this league roster two QBs, though a couple have just one and a couple currently roster three – I selected Stafford as an insurance policy for Brees). The suggestion has been to trade Brees for a Jarvis Landry-level WR, but I haven’t been able to find such a deal with a team in need of a QB with WR depth. What should I do about this?

Cameron Meredith was my last pick before D/ST and K. I was looking for a late-round flier and figured his value was boosted a bit because I had Brees, so the idea of a stack was appealing to me. However, I listened to an ESPN podcast and medical expert Stephania Bell said, based off what she’s seen him do, she wouldn’t select him as a late round flier. I took a look at guys currently available on waivers and the crop isn’t great. In order of Footballers 0.5 PPR consensus ranking, from highest to lowest: John Brown, Dede Westbrook, Taywan Taylor, Quincy Enunwa, Jermaine Kearse, Cole Beasley, Geronimo Allison, Albert Wilson, Cameron Meredith, Keelan Cole, Willie Snead.

Should I dump Meredith for one of these waiver wire guys (with a $0 FAAB bid)? And if so, should I go with John Brown because he’s the highest-ranked by the Footballers?

Thanks, guys!

I’d prob dump him for taywan Taylor.
But I like meridiths upside forsure so I’d be fine with you holding him… All those guys you listed are possible stars or possible wr3 or lower guys… It’s just a guessing game and guessing right

I’d wait and see how season starts. If someone blows up, take advantage and sell high