San Fran as a top defense

So San Fran has been outstanding all year but would San Fran really be your main defense with fantasy playoffs coming up?

New Orleans at NO
Atlanta at home
Rams at home

Whoever owns this defense- are you feeling comfortable? Minus New Orleans at NO, I would feel comfortable. I also have them going this week against Green Bay, which I don’t feel great about but can’t deny the second best defense.

1 Like

What are the best few options on waivers?

I’m running the 49ers in a few leagues. In most cases there is not a better option available.

Not much out there either. In one league I have Pittsburgh and San Fran and I’ve been alternating but I saw Eagles are out there so I might try to switch Pittsburgh for eagles after tomorrow. Actually- Eagles are on the other league where I only have San Fran too. That’s really it though and I’m sure someone is going after tomorrow.
I see Carolina, Vikings and the I don’t buy it at all Atlanta Falcons.

I have SF in one league, and I am very comfortable rolling with the 49ers for the rest of the year. My model projects them to be the DST3 ROS and through the fantasy playoffs. Of the options you listed, the only one I would consider picking up is Philly, but only as a second DST to play specifically Weeks 13 & 14. I identified them as a stash for those two weeks in my weekly streaming post several weeks ago. But I would only do it if I could keep SF. Otherwise I would happily roll with the 49ers ROS and spend your bench spots on other priorities like stashing QBs for good match-ups. My DST model is below for reference. Good luck!

-Dan
Please check out my Week 12 streaming post here where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome.

2 Likes