Sell Golden Tate

Looking to sell Golden Tate after his good week 6.
Is David Montgomery a fair ask? PPR

For context, I could use RB depth because I have Carson/Jones on bye week 11. Golden Tate would be the WR4/5 for my team.

1 Like

I think it’s fair. Montgomery plays the Rams week 11 and they can be run on.

1 Like

I think you’re aiming low with Tate for Monty. I know his value his high now but I think it’s valid. The Giants played the #1 defense. And whether or not you think the Giants are any good, they produce for fantasy with the more talented guys. And they’re going to be better. Danny Dimes is accurate and has the athletic intangibles. He’ll learn from tonight. They get some pieces back to round out the offense. And their defense gave them a chance to win until 9 minutes in the 4th. Against NE.
Monty is a starter. He doesn’t have serious competition. But he’s not explosive and the offense isnt productive enough for him to be relevant all game.
You need a RB, I understand. But I think Tate’s worth more than that dude.

@4321PackersMontgomery is on bye this week. Then he plays NO, LAC, PHL

@4321Packers My bad. Didn’t see you put week 11

You aren’t worried about all the other receivers coming back and taking Tate’s production? I worry because so many people were out tonight (Shepard, Engram, Barkley). I don’t think the Giants offense is good enough to sustain all of them.

1 Like

Not worried at all. I think that’s what he needs to really give the team a shot to be competitive. Did you watch the whole game? You could tell NE came in wanting to shut him down (because Belichick is OP), and they tried. And the offense couldn’t stay on the field to get him more opportunity. Opportunity = volume= production. Through all that he still balled out. PPR machine, that long heavily contested TD catch. I’m not saying he’s The Second coming. I’m just saying that I think you lose value on that trade. We know what Monty is. What can Tate be now? I think he’s safer than Monty is all. And worth a bit more because of it

1 Like

I was on this sight all this morning talking about how much I loved Tate. But then immediately followed up with “not tonight though. Don’t trust it”. I didn’t count on NYG DEF rising to the occasion. We tend to only consider the players we’re directly invested in. But those same players success hinges mostly on the guys around him. It’s a team game. Got to look at the whole picture

Sell high. You’re right about the other pieces coming back. Him and Shepard are the same except Shepard is younger. Then you have engram and barkley who will both get theirs. Sell sell sell. I’d pair him w/ a RB to try to upgrade at RB.

1 Like

Also, it’s a great story to mention that he did it against the best defense

1 Like

I can totally get behind that. I just think Montgomery is too low

Mountgomery is Carlos Hyde on a bad offense. Agreed, I am not trading for him.

1 Like

Exactly. I’m all for making your team better.

Sell Tate. I’m looking to do so to. Wouldn’t target Montgomery. Maybe someone like singleterry? That could be interesting. It depends on your league though. Ppl might think like us and think Tate just had this one stand out game. Like i wouldn’t trade for Tate. That’s his best game.ofnthe season right there probably