‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Shot in the dark TE upside

So last rounds of dynasty draft… Already have 2 TEs(njoku,mcdonald) but want a high upside one or great year 2 stash.

Would you go.

Adam shaheen
Luke wilson
Stephen anderson
Tyler kroft
Ian thomas
Tyler higbee
Or someone else that might still be around.?

Thanks for the help.

Is Jordan Akins still in? For the Texans.

@Ricky87 yes sir he is still available? Do you like him?? He is not even on most fantasy sites lists?? Doesn’t even make the UDK…

But I’m down for any advice

I do! He’s a 26 year old rookie for the Texans, but they drafted him in the 3rd round. Given that they had no 1st or 2nd this year, that’s a pretty big sign they like him… I feel. And he’s a freak athlete with great hands! Not known as a blocker either, but from what I hear has a great shot at starting week 1. With Watson, I love his upside! He’s already getting reps in the slot, so they definitely view him as a weapon. Personally, I think he’s worth taking a shot on! For sure.

Also like Rico Gathers, and long-term love Ian Thomas… I just think he’ll be a while with Greg Olsen still in the mix. And Gathers has major concussion issues… He worries me.

@Ricky87 Rico is gone but i might take your advice on atkins…thanks.

Anyone else got advice?? Pick prob won’t be made till tomorrow (monday) as it’s a slow draft.

If you want a crazy fun shot in the dark take a look at Jaylen Samuels if he is eligible at TE. He was “officially” a TE at the combine, so some site list him as a TE while others list him as a RB. He is a freak athlete, and will be a RB on the Steelers, they are planning to line him up all over the place, and if Bell misses any time he could get a lot of work and could be a sneaky fun play to have a RB in your TE spot.

Totally agree! Only hesitation with him is whether or not fantasy leagues will recognize him as a TE or an HB. Either way, though, he’s worth grabbing!

Jonnu Smith still available? I’m a Smith truther and think he will step in when Delanie Walker more often than last season. Plus Walker’s contract is up after this season and he’s in his mid 30’s.

Jonnu’s another one! I have him on my squad as well, for that very reason. Only concern with him is the knee injury. He got it late in the season, so I’m not sure he’ll be too relevant this year.

Another shot for this year only would be Been Watson. Saints got rid of Fleener and when Watson was on the Saints in 2015 he had 825 yards and 6 TDs. Can do worse than a TE with Brees throwing to him

Of your list I like Kroft. He was pretty good last year with Eifert out and I’m sure Eifert will miss some time this year as well. One more year of injuries and it might be Kroft’s full time job moving forward.