‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Should I look to add Derek Carr?

Someone in my league wants to trade Derek Carr to me for some WR depth. I have Andrew Luck on my bench and am currently streaming QBs for the meantime- got Wentz off waivers this morning.

Need some advice on whether I should look to get Carr to play each week until Luck comes back, and who I should trade. Am thinking JJ Nelson and one of my depth RBs… appreciate any thoughts you guys have!

RBs: Marshawn, Ajayi, Doug Martin, D’Onta Foreman, David Johnson
WRs: Julio Jones, Davonte Adams, JJ Nelson, Martavis Bryant, Rashard Higgins, Devin Funchess.

Thanks, Footclan!!

Personally, I would not. I don’t think it’s much of an upgrade (fantasy-wise), if it’s an upgrade at all. I think Wentz is going to continue to put up mid to high QB1 numbers fairly regularly. He’s going to throw the ball a TON because they can’t run at all. He’s a good enough passer, with good enough weapons, to make that fantasy gold. He also is one of those QBs who gets a bit of a boosted floor from rushing yards. He’s already but up good fantasy numbers against a good defense. The importance of WR/RB depth cannot be overstated. In particular, I’d put Nelson in my lineup this week, unless your top WRs are locked and loaded studs. It’s a great matchup, and both Browns are likely to be limited, if not out entirely. I would at all be surprised to see him match or surpass last week’s numbers.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Didn’t think it would be much of an upgrade since I’ve been doing fine streaming so far. Thanks! Right now I’m leaning on starting Julio, Davante, and JJ. Thanks for your thoughts!

I think that would be a very strong group. Honestly, all three are in my top 15 WRs this week. May sound hot-takish, but there are real reasons. Mostly the matchups.