Should this type of hoarding be allowed?

A team in our league (redraft format, 12 teams, 1/2 ppr) who is currently sitting in last place in our league and is eliminated from playoff contention has dropped his entire bench and picked up all viable streaming QB options. He now currently owns 7 quarterbacks in your typical 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex and 6 bench spots league + kicker and DST. He did this in an effort simply to mess up other teams chances at bye weeks and playoffs. As commish, I’ve argued that since there is no rule against this, it should be allowed but I wanted to get other opinions. For the record, everyone he dropped from his bench to get these QBs are essentially irrelevant for fantasy purposes in our league (Michael Gallup, Chris Ivory, Buck Allen, Devontae Booker and Alfred Morris.

Other managers (particularly those short on QBs)

complained that he shouldn’t be allowed to do this. Thoughts?

If there’s no limit on the number of rosterable QBs, then it’s fair game. The commish should not change rules mid-season.

Frankly, I like the competitiveness

13 Likes

I like the strategy, I agree you can’t change rules in midst of the season, but if it’s legal and no rules, he is just playing a different strategy

5 Likes

Hahahaha. Too funny for a serious response

10 Likes

What’s your serious response? If you want, I’ll try at a serious reply

2 Likes

Wasn’t really directed at your response. Just happen to click your name

2 Likes

I would do the same thing if i didn’t make the playoffs, like Swaggy P said, we some player haters

2 Likes

Lol I hate it but I also love it!!

4 Likes

Here’s the best part. Look at our current streaming options.

1 Like

As commish, I’ve argued with those complaining, that mid season rules changes are almost always bad and since its not prohibited, it must be allowed. Suggested perhaps putting a position max for next year but for now he should just accept it. The person really complaining about it has a chance at a week 14 Bye but really needs a win this week. It was his fault for not having an option to play this week in my opinion. He should have claimed one off waivers before this manager had the chance to pick up everyone. The rest of his team was stacked and instead of getting a QB, he picked up Keke Coutee which didn’t make much sense.

Another funny kicker is that they are playing each other this week and the guy who picked up all of the QBs did it around 2:30 AM right after waivers cleared so he could get them all as free agents. I love the competitiveness of the move and respect the guy for not simply quitting after being eliminated from playoffs

3 Likes

This is sort of awesome.

Only way I am against it is if someone else in the playoffs put him up to it to try and get better seeding, but if he is playing against the guy this week and has found a weakness to exploit then I am all for it. Guy was dumb for not making a waiver claim.

3 Likes

You nailed it on the head. Explain that to the other guy. He just happens to be on the other end of the deal and it sucks for him

2 Likes

Yeah I did explain it pretty much exactly like that and he didn’t like it. This league that I’m in is very liberal about how people manage things. They all veto just about every trade accepted and they all cry to me when anything like this happens. It’s very frustrating. Several of them have literally asked if I can lock other managers teams once they are eliminated from playoff contention which I absolutely will not do.

Sounds like its time to pass on the torch to someone else willing to deal with the bu****** and then joint a FootClan league!

2 Likes

Yup, if there are no rules against it than so be it. My league has positions limited for only a specific amount of QB or DST players. At this point its time to play spoiler.

4 Likes

Let me ask this… is there any point where this becomes not acceptable? For example if after playoffs start the manager with all the QBs keeps trying to manipulate situations like this? In my opinion, unless he’s dropping great players to stack up on QBs, he should basically be in the clear. Or if another manager asks him to make a move like this, constituting collusion.

2 Likes

If somehow you know there is collusion than that is no good. I would start with public shaming and then move forward if behavior continues. However, playing soiler is a strategy. So is messing with the waiver wire.
I’m considering picking up everyone in the finals RB handcuff come week 14 pending injuries on my own roster. Maybe some DST blocks.

Ultimately some people are sore losers and fantasy football isn’t fair.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with ‘messing with the waiver wire’ if you mean picking up guys and dropping them just so they are on waivers and can’t be picked back up that weekend. I think that is skirting it a little too far, but I have no issue if you want to roster guys to block someone to get back at them or whatever.

1 Like

yeah, I meant picking up to block. I would agree that picking up to block across the waivers would result in not being invited back.

2 Likes

I’ve absolutely done that if I’m in the championship. Pick up a guy from waivers on Wednesday and drop him on Saturday just to make sure he can’t be used. Idk if I would do that if I wasn’t in the playoffs though.