‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Solid FA/Waiver Period. Now... to trade for Ertz?

Hey all: I have a 10 team, redraft, PPR league, to get that out of the way.

My bench was feeling quite empty, so I refilled on waivers and FA this week: waivers went through on Doug Baldwin, who was dropped, as well as Ito Smith. I also woke up this morning and grabbed Taylor Gabriel, OJ Howard, and Colts D (Streamer) off FA. Feeling solid.

That being said, I very likely might have a trade offer coming in where I give up Trey Burton and Josh Gordon for Ertz. I tried to counter to let the other owner know I’d give him Baldwin instead of Gordon (I knew I was using the #1 waiver on DB and am a really big Gordon fan), and I think he’s considering but unsure. Also, if I trade Gordon I’ll have to give up another WR playing this week — would have to grab Kearse or someone to fill in at WR next to Gabriel, who is of course another fill in (who I’d never play again, given who my other WRs are).

That being said, what do you think? I still think Burton and Howard both have nice potential, so not sure the trade and giving up Gordon/Baldwin as an asset there is totally necessary. Here’s the rest of my roster, as of right now (for week 7):

QB: Mahomes
RB: Sony Michel
RB: Breida
WR: Josh Gordon
WR: Taylor Gabriel
TE: Trey Burton
W/R/T: Ito Smith
DEF: Colts
K: Justin Tucker
BN: Davante Adams (bye)
BN: Juju Smith-Schuster (bye)
BN: Doug Baldwin (bye)
BN: Geronimo Allison (bye)
BN: OJ Howard
BN: Leonard Fournette

i would do it now. gordon and burton or baldwin and burton. ertz has been a ppr monster this year. hes had almost 10 catches a game all year. that being said. theres mouths to feed in new england and ertz > burton. go for it man. adams and juju can be your wr 1 and 2 all year and baldwin can be the flex

That’s what I was thinking… I guess take the hit with streamers this week and then be at full strength ROS with those guys and ertz? Maybe?

My only thought is, especially since getting Baldwin on waivers, I can maybe use the assets more efficiently to help RB or something. If Fournette can come back strong I should be fine there with him, Sony, and Breida, but also maybe I can trade Gordon/Baldwin, Fournette, and Breida for someone really good and then ride that player and Sony, with Ito as my backup, all the way. With OJ or Burton at TE with upside.

going to attempt to give this one a little bump