‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Starting TWO TEs

Footclan I need some encouragement or criticism!

So I’m not so hot on starting Alshon Jeffery this week.

How effing crazy would I be to start Thielen and Funchess as my WRs, and then at Flex put in Abdullah and Joe Mixon OR ASJ?

I like ASJ’s match up this week but I wouldn’t even think about starting him over Ertz.

Please let me know what you all think! Anything is appreciated. Good luck this week everyone!

I would obviously keep Zach starting because he is getting a crap ton of targets even though ASJ has an amazing opportunity to put up some numbers. At the same time though, I still dont have faith in the Jets as a team except for Bilal Powell (really only cuz i like his name). I think Funchess comes back down to Earth this week with a pretty good lions D. I would start Alshon. He’s going up against Patrick Peterson. Good Lord can that man cover. Also, no that crazy to put Abdullah in your flex. He’s a solid flex this week.

That’s a tough call. I benched Alshon too. I know you’d love to flex Ty Mont, but you don’t have any backups to slot in if he can’t go. Anybody worth a crap on waivers that plays in the later slate of games?

Not really, top 3 available WRs are John Brown, Torrey Smith, and Marvin Jones. Top 3 RBs are Chris Johnson, Charles Sims, and Matt Forte.

Yikes. I’ve never been big on starting TEs at flex because of the up and down nature of the position, but the Browns are god awful at covering TEs. It wouldn’t be crazy to start him.

I haven’t either, but the match up is almost too juicy to pass up.

Guess it would come down to whoever you think has the best chance of a TD.

I’m actually pretty astonished at how similar our predicaments are haha. I, too, am considering benching Alshon in favor of a TE in my FLEX spot. I, too, have Ertz as my primary TE lol. Only difference for me is that the second TE I’m considering is Brate as opposed to ASJ.

If I were in your shoes, I think I’d have to lean Abdullah just because of the almost guaranteed touches he gets in a game that shouldn’t be too pass-heavy and Detroit is the favorite playing at home.

On my end, it’s between Brate, Mixon, and Jeffery at the FLEX and I’m salivating at the though of Brate pulling down two TDs in a boat-race kind of matchup tonight. Buuuut my own logic is telling me the safer play is Mixon.