Strategy for Keeper Superflex Draft

Hey gang,

Draft coming up next Friday and looking to hear some thoughts on strategy.

Context:

• Superflex league: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T Flex, 1 Superflex
  • 6-pt for passing, rushing, receiving TDS with bonuses in play for yardage totals and 40-yard TDs

Keepers - DK Metcalf for a 6th, Justin Jefferson for an 11th

I have the #1 pick and the best players available will be Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott.

Regardless of who I choose, I’m going RB at #1. Obviously, you gotta take what the draft gives you - especially at the turn - but I’d be interested to hear what you guys think about roster construction at the 2/3 turn.

Historically, aside from the top 3-4 backs, WRs outscore RB in this league based on the scoring, so strong WR crops are incentivized with the additional flex spots (especially big play WR).

Based on keepers and league tendencies, here are the type of guys I’d predict being available at the turn:

QB: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Tom Brady, Justin Herbert
RB: Joe Mixon, David Montgomery, Chris Carson, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris (maybe)
WR: CeeDee Lamb (maybe), Scary Terry, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson
TE: doesn’t matter- not taking a TE until super late

I have a feel for what I’m thinking, but interested in the discussion. I see too many top QB being taken early for me to spend a pick on it there, so it’s really whether I go RB-WR or focus on trying to build an otherworldly WR corps.

Let me know what you think, friends.

I’m in a very similar situation myself, same kind of league, roster spots, and everything. My situation isn’t quite as good as yours, however. I have the #3 pick and most of the top RBs are being kept. The best RBs I’ll have available are Jones, Barkley, and Ekeler. RBs are drafted very aggressively in our league, so when my 2nd pick rolls around… I’ll likely be looking at Carson, Montgomery, Dobbins as best available RBs. I’m thinking about starting with Jones and trying to come back with Dak or Russell Wilson in the 2nd. Not sure about 3rd round yet, but likely RB or WR depending on how the draft falls

No no no… do NOT take a QB!

#1 pick should be Henry. Zeke if you want more receptions. Cook if you want to be without your RB1 in the playoffs.

If you can come back with Mixon/Carson and Lamb at the 2/3 turn, to pair up with Jefferson and Metcalf in distance-bonus PPR league?? Fuhgeddaboudit.

You can start Winston and Roethlisberger at QB and be fine. Or maybe Ryan and Cousins. But worry about it in the 4th/5th, when your stable is full of studs.