Tannehill/Brown Playoff saviors

Are they? I just lost Mike Evans and picked up AJ Brown last night…so yes, I sure hope so! (Already have Tannehill locked and loaded everywhere).

They have Houston next week and I know Houston is not exactly as easy of a defense as they were earlier the season. I’m hoping for a huge game again.

What say you!?

1 Like

I’ve been recommending people add Tannehill for several weeks. His next two matchups should be harder than his tilt with Oakland this week was, but they are still OK. Going into this week Houston was giving up the 6th-most schedule-adjusted fantasy points to opposing QBs, and New Orleans was giving up the 12th-most. (Safe to say both will go “up” after giving up big points this week). So Tannehill could definitely be a league winner.

Brown looks awesome, but even after getting seven targets this week the target numbers are a little worrisome. He’s averaged 4.5 targets per game since Tannehill took over full-time in Week 7. Not bad, but it does leave a little more room for a dud than I’d prefer. It will be a tough decision to roll him out or not in the semifinals, because he can clearly win you the week. I would probably stick with him and hope he gets the volume he needs the next two weeks. I will be trying to grab him in one league where he’s available.

-Dan
Please check out my Week 14 streaming post where I provide weekly and rest-of-season rankings, scoring projections and waiver recommendations for QBs, TEs and DSTs. Comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!

Right- my other QB was Fitzpatrick but with Parker in concussion protocol- Tannehill is my man. His rushing floor is what intrigues me.

There’s a couple more WRs that could possibly be my replacement for Mike Evans but I suppose I’ll take the risk with Brown. He’s just dominating.