TE Drought - Doyle or Olsen

Unfortunately, late Saturday evening as I was drafting I received a text stating Mr. Andrew Luck was retiring. Seeing I’m not a Colts fan it didn’t move me as much-- BUT WAIT! I had just drafted Jack Doyle. Now I’m in a place where I must decide to keep Doyle and pray for production or pick up Mr. Foot - Greg Olsen. IDK what to do…

Welcome to the Footballers forum @RicosW79!

Is this redraft or a dynasty startup? Is Doyle currently your only TE?

It’s a redraft league and yes.

I think Doyle will be OK as a starter for week 1. Indy plays the Chargers. Expect Brissett to check down to the TE.

Panthers play the Rams week 1. But play the Bucs and Cardinals in weeks 2/3 respectively.

Can you stash Olsen over a Kickers/Def/flier on your team currently?

1 Like

I would take Olsen over doyle

1 Like

I agree with the idea of starting Doyle week 1, but not the blanket statement that TEs should avoid the Rams. They were vulnerable against the better Tight Ends last year, at least giving up big games yardage-wise. Kelce & Kittle torched them (no surprise), but Jared Cook also went off on them. Then obviously Gronk in the Super Bowl had some big moments.
Assuming Olsen is 100%, he might be alright week 1 & wouldn’t blame @RicosW79 is he just wanted to hold onto him for beyond that.

1 Like

Sorry, I did not intend to infer avoiding TE against Rams.

1 Like

I feel I’m okay because when Brissett was the QB before Doyle had 80 receptions on the year.

1 Like

That’s true, but Ebron also wasn’t on the team.

1 Like