THE BIG ONE: 24-team, $30 Dynasty Startup

I’ve always wanted to play a massive league format but never actually found one. Most of them fall apart immediately (sometimes mid-draft) and are totally unstructured. I’ve commissioned leagues for a long time though, so I thought I might give it a shot and gauge interest. ACTIVE, EXPERIENCED OWNERS ONLY PLEASE!

League settings:

• 0.5 PPR
  • 4 divisions
  • $200 FAAB waivers (+ $0 bids)
  • Usual scoring settings (4pt/pass td, no bonuses) except TE premium (full ppr) and -2 for INTs
  • Extra weekly match vs. league median

Roster settings:

• 1 Superflex
    5 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
    5 Bench
    2 Taxi (two-year eligibility)
    1 IR (COVID19 eligible)
    No K or D/ST

Draft settings:

• 3RR startup snake draft (randomized order via Sleeper app) + draft pick trading
  • 4 hrs/draft pick + “paused” (i.e. no timer) at night. If you miss your pick, you will be auto-drafted. Realistically, to finish on time for the season we will probably need to reduce the timer pretty quickly, so just be aware!
  • Draft starts as soon as we finalize payments.
  • Rookie drafts are linear + reverse order of standings for playoff teams (+ projected point totals for non-playoff teams)
  • If we are nearing the start of the season and the startup is ongoing, I will reduce the draft pick timer so we finish on time!

Payment settings:

• Leaguesafe Majority Approval (1st - $340, 2nd - $200, 3rd - $60, 4th - $60, 5th - $30, 6th - $30)
  • Startup entry fee is $60 to cover the first two seasons. Owners must always be paid a full year in advance to encourage league continuity. Payment is always due before the annual NFL draft.
  • If you wish to exit the league, let us know a full season ahead of time to help find an orphan owner. If you exit the league for a season already paid for, your payment is forfeit and will be used to incentivize orphan teams.

Trade settings, Playoff settings, & COVID19 stipulations:

• Trades will be approved by the Commissioner (me) as soon as I’m made aware. I won’t veto trades unless obvious collusion is suspected. If other owners suspect collusion, they can raise the concern and I will investigate and act accordingly. (I’ve commissioned leagues for almost a decade and only vetoed two trades ever which were obviously unfair.)
  • Owners can only trade for rookie draft picks in a 2 year window (i.e. years paid for). This is to discourage trading away 3+ year future picks when owners may no longer be in the league.
  • Owners planning to leave the following league year will not be allowed to trade for or trade away rookie draft picks.
  • Playoffs consist of the Division winners + Wildcards (determined by Win/Loss record).
  • Owners eliminated from playoff contention are still expected to set reasonable lineups. Any throwing/inactivity will result in that owner not being invited back the following season and any future payments forfeit.
  • COVID19 exceptions: 8 game minimum for a valid season. If there are less than 8 games played, all owners will get their money back and we will re-draft the Startup the following season. If the season is 8-13 games, there will be no playoffs, and $ will be paid out according to standings (tiebreaker = points for). If there are 14-16 games, we will have playoffs (top 2 teams for 14 games, top 4 for 15 games, top 8 for 16 games).
  • Owners are expected to act in good faith. I can only do so much to enforce the rules, so at the end of the day, it is up to each Owner to put their best foot forward and act in the best interest of the league.

I think I’ve covered all the major points. I’m a very active and fair owner and resolve most issues by league vote. I take commissioning very seriously! If you’re interested in this unique dynasty format, send me a message with a little bit about yourself and I’ll send you a Sleeper invite.

Cheers!

1 Like

Very interested in this!

Sweet whats your sleeper ID?

d6aker let me know if any spots still open

sleeper ID - TheCardinalRule

I’m interested. Sleeper ID is ZekeAndDestroy1. Do you know if the league is happening or are you still gauging interest?

I am interested. Sleeper ID BTRutledge.

Very Interested. Sleeper Name is Radiocager

I’d love to join, sleeper id : prone2injury

Dynasty Superflex with 24 teams sounds like a wild QB market
Bonjour from Canada, I’m if you still have room
Sleeper ID: davoogs

I’m in if there is a spot left, my sleeper id is dewmanwv247

I’m definitely interested if there are still slots available. Sleeper id is SportyRMcKenzie

Still a spot? I’d love to be in. iammedia08@gmail.com

Very interested! Dev@bchapman.io