‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

The Fantasy Footballers - When parents just need a break

Short story time,

So there I was, sitting at home with my 5 month old daughter (first kid) and for the life of me she just would not relax. Moving, rolling over, trying to crawl, you know… doing baby stuff. Then the fussy, whining, semi-crying started. Hungry? Nope. Tired? Nope. Want to play with some toys? Nope. I was lost. In the brief 30 seconds I had of her just sitting still I turned on The Fantasy Footballers youtube of their Live Show thinking maybe the colors of the TV will distract her. And goodness gracious was it a blessing…

My daughter, sitting in her overpriced jumper, was absolutely glued to the TV. Just sitting there, soaking in the fantasy knowledge. As any proud father would do, I recorded it. Sent it to my entire league, and boy was she a hit. She sat there, and I kid you not, for 30 minutes! Just watching the TV. Smiling, and embracing the knowledge jumping out from the screen. Looks like I may have a future co-manager in my family. Needless to say, my wife was less than thrilled, but she will live with it.

Happy Week 1 everyone!