‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

The Path to a WR1 Fantasy Season: Michael Crabtree

Originally published at: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/the-path-to-a-wr1-fantasy-season-michael-crabtree/

Editor’s Note: Check out The Path to a WR1 Fantasy Season: Series Guide to see how our writers compile their projections and the methodology behind this series. After examining Corey Davis‘ top-12 potential in the first Path to a WR1 Fantasy Season article, we now turn our attention to a veteran who switches teams entering his age-31…

Since 2012 only 4 players have had 4 seasons with 8 or more TDs… Antonio Brown (5 times) and Crabtree/Brandon Marshall/A.J.Green

I understand that there’s got to be some regression built into his per game performances, but with John Brown unlikely to play 16 games and Willie Snead not really moving the needle for me, I’m wiling to bet an 8th round pick that Crabtree sees 120 targets, 70 receptions for about 750 yards, and 9 TDs, and his ceiling is closer to the 85 receptions 1,100 yard mark (which I’m not betting on… to be clear lol).

I think he’s being incredibly underrated and with an ESPN ADP of 77 overall, I’m going to have Crabtree on a lot of my rosters this year.