‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Thoughts on Brandin Cooks and Jimmy Graham

What would you guys do in this situation: I was offered graham for Cooks straight up and want to know what you guys think of both Cooks and graham for the rest of the season

Honestly I’m not very high on Cooks so I’d consider it

I think you can get more back than that. Are you in a PPR league?

No it’s not ppr it’s standard

Personally, I think you could command more than just Jimmy Graham for Brandin Cooks. I’m a huge Graham fan, but Russell seems to be spreading the ball around on offense a lot, and Jimmy has never really panned out to be the true redzone threat the Seahawks traded for.

Just food for thought:
Since 2015, Jimmy Graham has caught 8 TDs in 31 games having received 195 targets for the Seahawks.
Over that same span, Luke Willson has played 29 games and caught 6 TDs while only receiving 55 targets.
Graham’s had more TDs in four of his five seasons in New Orleans than he’s had in his entire career for Seattle. To me this isn’t some weird coincidence.

Umm, I don’t see this as close. Cooks is a much, much better asset than Graham.

Worst Case - They both continue to see similar target share.

Best Case - Cooks is on a pass first offense with a much more accurate QB and a much higher scoring offense.

The only thing is, I have diggs, Devante Parker, and Amari cooper, but I only have seferian jenkins and eifert on ir

I don’t know that ASJ is that much of a downgrade at TE from Jimmy Graham especially thus far this year. ASJ has led his team in targets in both games that he’s played. He may finally be making good on years of disappointment.

And I would definitely keep Cooks since you don’t really know what to expect with Cooper so long as Carr is out.