Time to prove a point

I have no intention on getting into an debate on this thread. Please simply list what you see as the top 10 and bottom 10 situations for an RB, going into the season.

This will be revisited after the first few weeks, and then again at the end of the season to see how accurate we are. I think a lot of you are going to be surprised.

Not sure this is what you were expecting. Here goes…

Top 10:

• Gurley
  • Bell
  • Elliot
  • DJ
  • Kamara
  • Fournette
  • D Freeman
  • Howard
  • Barkley
  • Gordon

Bottom 10:

• Crowell/ Powell
  • Drake/ Gore
  • Blount/ Riddick
  • Lewis/ Henry
  • Ajayi/ Clement
  • Collins/ Allen
  • Carson/ Penny
  • Lynch/ Martin
  • Barber/ Jones II
  • Mack/ Wilkins

The theme being top ten situations have a single stud. The bottom teams may be successful rushing but will be split across multiple players.

Not expecting anything in particular. What you value is what matters.

To clarify, which Freeman?

1 Like

Interesting looking back at this. ** was in top ten. I missed on Fournette and Freeman due to injury and Bell due to …stupidity.

Top 10:

**Gurley**
Bell
**Elliot**
**DJ**
**Kamara**
Fournette
D Freeman
Howard
**Barkley**
**Gordon**

Bottom 10:

Crowell/ Powell
Drake/ Gore
Blount/ Riddick
Lewis/ Henry
Ajayi/ Clement
Collins/ Allen
Carson/ Penny
Lynch/ Martin
Barber/ Jones II
Mack/ Wilkins

Yep. About 50% on the top 10 (and I think you can just transfer Freeman to Coleman, since we’re talking situation here not necessarily performance) and tbh, I think this was you did better than most would do most years. The bottom 10 is a bit easier, but I expected there to be a surprise or two. I would say that for Carson at least, I don’t think the Seahawks ended up belonging in the top 10 and I think the Lions may have ended up surprising it KJ had stayed healthy.

The point was always that we aren’t as good at this as we think we are and, while I wish more people had had the stones to participate, I do think this lends some further creedance to that idea.

2 Likes

I like the concept. We should do it again next year!

And point proven!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the ‘Damien William’s in the mid 2nd’ arguments to start.

2 Likes

yeah even as the resident chiefs homer if that argument starts coming up ill roll my eyes a bit. ill hope he ends up producing like that… but ill be very very skeptical of it.