‹ Main Site Forums Home My Account

Trade away McCaffrey?

Is is worth it to trade away McCaffrey for Abdullah and Mariota (Mariota would be a second QB alongside Dak)?

What does the rest of your roster look like? And what are the roster spots required? QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T?

The roster composition is QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/RB/TE

It’s full PPR scoring and 4 pt per TD -2 per INT for QBs.

I have:

QB - Prescott
WR - Brown
WR - Beckham (keeper)
RB - L. Miller
RB - Crowell
TE - Ebron
WR/TE - D. Parker
Flex - M. Bryant
B - McCaffrey
B - Mixon
B - Britt
B - Kamara
B - C. Hogan
B - Doctson

Personally, I don’t see a ton of benefit in this trade for you. I’m guessing you probably want a second quality QB so you don’t have to play Dak during the rough first three weeks of the season (I’m in the same boat). But Mariota also has a pretty tough matchup against Seattle week 3 (although his first two weeks are manageable). Mariota has also looked good and awful in the preseason… Mixed bag.

McCaffrey and Abdullah are pretty close to equal at the RB spot, I’d say. Abdullah having the slight edge being the outright starter, while McCaffrey should catch more balls and is running behind a better line. This is also a 2 for 1, so you’ll be forced to drop someone and lose depth… I’m guessing doctson since you have plenty of WR depth.

If I were you, I’d have to evaluate how much I believe in McCaffrey vs. Abdullah. If you think McCaffrey is significantly better (enough to warrant a 2 for 1), I’d hold him and just stream at QB for the first two weeks. Palmer or Eli or Wentz are probably available.

It’s a toss-up for me haha. Wish I could be more help!