Trade for Ekler as the Gordon owner?

I have Zeke and Sony Michel as my top 2 backs. I also have Gordon on my bench and Tevin Coleman for when he returns. Should I offer the Ekler owner Sony Michel so he has a year long starter for when Gordon returns? Figured he will be better of year long with Sony and I would have a solid RB1 in Ekler if anything happens to Gordon. Also, like the idea of just keeping Sony as a flex play for when Gordon returns. Would you make the trade???

It sounds like you’re helping their team more then yours with this trade. I get having the handcuff but remember that Ekeler is a backup RN next week and trading a starter for a backup isn’t getting you a lot of value.

I would certainly offer that trade from your perspective. It’s good to have a handcuff that you 100% know can perform. That said as an Ekeler owner myself (who does not have gordon) I would not accept that trade, I still think Ekeler is startable with Gordon back, he gets too much work in the passing game and isn’t in the doghouse with the folks running the team, and Sony is epitomizing the frustration the patriots have presented at RB for the last decade.

1 Like